Battery Blew Up

MERTL
MERTL Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
I bought an Acer Iconia Tablet for my daughter two years ago and recently the battery expanded and blew apart the tablet, smashing the screen. I'm trying to see if Acer can replace the unit, but am having a tough time trying to get ahold of anyone.  Does anybody here know what my options would be?  I could take a picture and send it somewhere, but where?

Best Answer

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,652 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    MERTL said:
    Thanks, but I tried that.  I need the model number, but my daughter must have ripped off the sticker, so I don't have the information to get to the next step.
    You just need the Serial number or the SNID number to contact Acer.
    If the sticker is not there still you can get the serial number by going to the BIOS. But i understand that the unit is not working now.

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Jack22
    @MERTL
    Please contact Acer and they will help on this issue for sure.
    Click the link below to contact Acer in your region.
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

• MERTL
    Thanks, but I tried that.  I need the model number, but my daughter must have ripped off the sticker, so I don't have the information to get to the next step.
  • Jack22
    Answer ✓
    MERTL said:
    You just need the Serial number or the SNID number to contact Acer.
    If the sticker is not there still you can get the serial number by going to the BIOS. But i understand that the unit is not working now.

• MERTL
    Thanks Jack, but I believe both numbers were on the same sticker.  I'm looking inside the unit, because it's exploded open but I can't find any numbers inside either.
  • Jack22
    MERTL said:
    Thanks Jack, but I believe both numbers were on the same sticker.  I'm looking inside the unit, because it's exploded open but I can't find any numbers inside either.
    Am sorry that you could not find SNID or the serial number on the laptop. Please check if you have the original box which came with the laptop or the invoice copy of the unit.