Noise and wheezing from the right speaker

Options
CkaJlbneJlb
CkaJlbneJlb Member Posts: 8 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello Acer.
I am writing to you about such a problem, after 3 years of using the Predator g9-793 laptop, my right speaker began to wheeze. After searching on the Internet, I came across a topic on this forum that this is a common problem with the g5-793 and g9-793 laptops, namely, the south bridge is heating up and the right speaker is wheezing, if the heating is very strong, both speakers begin to wheeze, with the subwoofer all in okay. The topic was found on the forum "https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/534951/acer-predator-g9-593-buzzing-noise-coming-from-speakers-under-full-load-with-video".
And so on, turning to technical support in my country (Russia), I did not receive exactly any information on this problem, they did not even hear about it and did not want to hear even considering that I referred to this forum and as a result the problem remained . Please, I would like to know what should I do next, the buzz has been very, very often lately. The laptop has been in possession for almost 3 years and would never have thought that such a situation would arise. A laptop is very necessary for work, but this noise and wheezing from the speaker is very annoying, and yet sound is also needed for work.
Acer, help!

Sorry to re-create a topic about such a breakdown, but the topic indicated in my message has already been closed by you

Best Answer

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi CkaJlbneJlb,

I am very sorry to hear this, unfortunately, the Acer community is not a direct portal to technical support, it is designed as a peer to peer support community where Acer users can help other Acer users, the main purpose of the Acer community is that it be a place where members can exchange their own advice, ideas, knowledge and troubleshooting techniques.

The Acer community is not designed for direct customer service inquiries, case status, complaints,  sponsorships or donations request, we recommend using the appropriate channel/sources for your request, please contact your local Acer support channel https://www.acer.com/ac/ru/RU/content/service-contact for assistance. 

Sorry for any inconveniences this may cause,
    Acer-Manny

Answers

• CkaJlbneJlb
    Options
    plz up this post, need help!
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you tried disconnecting the subwoofer and speakers?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • CkaJlbneJlb
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Have you tried disconnecting the subwoofer and speakers?

Yes, I tried to disconnect the speakers (connector), in this case the noise and crackle disappears, but this is not a solution to the problem. It may also be a big problem. If you just turn off the sound, or try to turn off the sound device, then the crack still remains
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    OK! When you disconnect only the subwoofer, does the noise or squeaking disappear?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • CkaJlbneJlb
    Options
    Введите свой комментegydiocoelho said: OK! When you disconnect only the subwoofer, does the noise or squeaking disappear?
    when you turn off the subwoofer, the crack from the right speaker also does not disappear
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    OK! Now, when you just disconnect the right speaker, does the noise occur in the left speaker?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• CkaJlbneJlb
    Options
    OK! Now, when you just disconnect the right speaker, does the noise occur in the left speaker?

physically, I can’t disconnect only the right speaker, they have one connector together. If you try to just move the balance slider to the left side, then the noise remains
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you test with other speakers to see if the problem remains?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• CkaJlbneJlb
    Options
    Can you test with other speakers to see if the problem remains?
    don't have any other speakers for laptops
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you tried resetting the internal battery and updating the bios? Is it a problem similar to this?
    https://youtu.be/gPR0MZOFk1o

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• CkaJlbneJlb
    Options
    Have you tried resetting the internal battery and updating the bios? Is it a problem similar to this?
    https://youtu.be/gPR0MZOFk1o
    No, I did not try to reset the battery and update the BIOS, but the problem is exactly the same as in the video. 3 years everything worked well, the laptop did not load much, but after 3 years such problems began (((
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• CkaJlbneJlb
    Options

the problem is that this topic was closed by the last message from Acer, and the official technical support in my country did not even hear about such a problem, so I would like to check with the representative of Acer and maybe the situation would be resolvedВведите свой комментарий
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi CkaJlbneJlb,

I am very sorry to hear this, unfortunately, the Acer community is not a direct portal to technical support, it is designed as a peer to peer support community where Acer users can help other Acer users, the main purpose of the Acer community is that it be a place where members can exchange their own advice, ideas, knowledge and troubleshooting techniques.

The Acer community is not designed for direct customer service inquiries, case status, complaints,  sponsorships or donations request, we recommend using the appropriate channel/sources for your request, please contact your local Acer support channel https://www.acer.com/ac/ru/RU/content/service-contact for assistance. 

Sorry for any inconveniences this may cause,
    Acer-Manny

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    There was one user who said the problem could be in a coil. But I'm not sure about that. This is the first comment of the video I submitted.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited October 2019
    Options
    CkaJlbneJlb if the issue its as you stated
    <<< the south bridge is heating up and the right speaker is wheezing, if the heating is very strong, both speakers begin to wheeze>>> 

The only solution i see here its a mobo replacement and because you are out of warranty you would have to find a donor mobo.

Have you ever repasted the laptop if not here is one of the many possible reasons gaming laptops are supposed to be repasted once per year with a good thermal paste (like kryonaut for ex) if they arent and they are heavily used everyday the mobo components will start to get degraded in time due to the constant heat and then there is nothing that can be done but get a replacement.

To own a gaming laptop means you have to do proper maintenance to it in order to keep all components working properly its not just buy it and keep using it without maintenance (after all its a desktop build in a small tight box) as i said this would be probably the most common reason why its failing after 3 years and on top of it Acer will not fix/repair any devices out of warranty period you would have to either get it fixed yourself or take it to a repair shop to see if they could fix it you could try to get acer repair center to get you a quote to get it fixed (in some cases they would probably do it) but of course you would have to pay for it

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/