My Aspire ES1 531 C55D wont log back on after being turned off

Options
Sandie
Sandie Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
My laptop was turned off and after re starting either wants to repair and goes to a blank screen where it stays or goes to the welcome screen and stays there. Have tried to start in safe mode but it wont do that and have tried the battery reset but no difference there either. Advice please

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,627 Trailblazer
    Options
    Try this. Turn the machine on and immediately start tapping the F2 key to enter the BIOS menu. Do you see a hard drive (HDD or SSD) listed in the BIOS Information tab. If yes, press F10 to save settings and exit. If it still doesn't boot properly, shut the machine off again. Then turn it back on and immediately press and hold the ALT key while tapping the F10 key. A recovery screen should appear as in the video below. You can either try to reset the machine to a factory factory state or refresh it while trying to save your personal files. If still no joy, it's likely that your HDD or SSD has failed. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    In addition to colleague JackE's tip, try resetting the internal battery:
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,627 Trailblazer
    Options
    Sandie>>>have tried the battery reset but no difference there either>>>

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ