Need help connecting through ethernet cable. Predator Orion 3000

Options
Rico387er
Rico387er Member Posts: 4 New User
edited February 15 in 2019 Archives
Hello, I bought a brand new PC and have been using it normally and as expected for a couple of days but recently I have been having trouble connecting to the internet with my ethernet cable as i dont have any adapters to connect to it. I see the realtek gaming gbe family controller in devices when i put show hidden devices and i get this error code with it. " currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (code 45) to fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer." I have already tried running the trouble shooter on hardware and devices and also on network adapters but nothing seems to fix the issue. Help is greatly appreciated. 

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Options
    Good evening Rico387er !

Have you tested other network cables?
    Removed the Realtek controller driver in Device Manager and restarted?

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Rico387er
    Options

MaClane said:
    Good evening Rico387er !

Have you tested other network cables?
    Removed the Realtek controller driver in Device Manager and restarted?

Yes I have tested other cables and they did not change anything. I did also uninstall the realtek device and restarted my pc and that also did nothing. I also had expressvpn downloaded and i can connect through my ethernet cable when i have the vpn on but not when it is off.
  • MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Options
    So the question is in the router configuration or controller options.
    Have you checked your router and Windows network properties?

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Rico387er
    Options
    MaClane said:
    So the question is in the router configuration or controller options.
    Have you checked your router and Windows network properties?
    There are other computers in my house using the same router with no issues. I noticed that when i uninstalled the realtek adapter and restarted my computer it didn't try to install it or update it so now there is no realtek adapter at all showing up.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Fire up Device Manager and see if it's showing anything amiss. You should either have the Ethernet showing as unknown or with problems.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.