Acer TM4740-351G32Mnss - RAM

Dicky77
Dicky77 Member Posts: 16

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I just upgraded my RAM from 4GB ddr3 to 2x4gb ddr3l on the acer travelmate 4740 laptop, but a new problem arises when the laptop doesn't boot, only up to the Windows 10 logo, please help

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good afternoon Dicky77 !

What EXACT model of your laptop?
    DDR3 and DDRL are not backward compatible.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Dicky77

Tinkerer

What is "model EXACT" ?
  • Dicky77

Tinkerer

MaClane said:
    Good afternoon Dicky77 !

What EXACT model of your laptop?
    DDR3 and DDRL are not backward compatible.

my friend told me it was caused by latency of RAM speed that exceeded the m limit, that's true ?
  • MaClane
    The EXACT model has this format, for example: TM4740-5261
    Travelmate 4740 is only in the series.
    I need you to enter the exact model.

About your friend's information, it would hardly be a matter of latency but of pattern mismatch.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Dicky77

Tinkerer

MaClane said:
    The EXACT model has this format, for example: TM4740-5261
    Travelmate 4740 is only in the series.
    I need you to enter the exact model.

About your friend's information, it would hardly be a matter of latency but of pattern mismatch.

Acer travelmate 4740-351G32Mnss
  • MaClane
    This model supports a maximum of 4Gb RAM (2 slots, 2x2gb each) So-DIMM DDR3 1066Mhz / PC3-8500
    Does not support DDR3L

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• Dicky77

Tinkerer

MaClane said:
    This model supports a maximum of 4Gb RAM (2 slots, 2x2gb each) So-DIMM DDR3 1066Mhz / PC3-8500
    Does not support DDR3L

But, if you check in intel website, i can upgrade up to 8gb RAM ddr3 800/1066
  • Dicky77

Tinkerer

Can i ask you again ? What a difference RAM for MacBook and RAM for laptop in general ? Example ddr3 for MacBook and general laptop have 204 pin, can i use MacBook ram for general laptop ?
  • MaClane
    Dicky77 said:
    MaClane said:
    Does not support DDR3L

But, if you check in intel website, i can upgrade up to 8gb RAM ddr3 800/1066

Just because the processor can handle a certain amount of RAM does not mean that the motherboard chipset will be supported, as in this case.

Dicky77 said:
    Can i ask you again ? What a difference RAM for MacBook and RAM for laptop in general ? Example ddr3 for MacBook and general laptop have 204 pin, can i use MacBook ram for general laptop ?

Generally MAC RAMs have specifications that do not work properly on non-MAC systems.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• Dicky77

Tinkerer

in my country and the online marketplace it is very difficult to find ram with these specifications in new circumstances
    Sorry if my English is bad, i use Google translate