WHY IS MY ACER SWIFT 3 TOUCHPAD NOT WORKING?

samminutemusic
samminutemusic Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 18 in 2020 Archives
My acer swift 3 laptop's touchpad suddenly stopped working.
I tried the Fn+F7 but it still doesn't work for me
what can i do? Thanks

Answers

• gr_reaper_20
    gr_reaper_20 Member Posts: 111 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    go to touchpad settings,check if it is on,if not toggle it to on.
    Hope that helped you.
  • audiosmitty
    audiosmitty Member Posts: 1 New User
    Anyone else having difficulty with the Touchpad on your Swift 3?   Mine worked well for 6 mos, and still functions erratically, but will not register contact on most of the pad.  Have attempted to adjust sensitivity & re-assign the left/right paraments, but to no avail....
    Tim
  • RVogl
    RVogl Member Posts: 1 New User
    I am having the same issue.  I have also toggled the touchpad on and off with no results.  I have also uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them, which also didn't work.
  • See if there is a problem driver in the device manager and hit a photo!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,652 Pathfinder
    Try these steps for fix:

power drain: Just check the back of the unit, you can find a pin hole , unplug the charger and turn off the unit. now put a paper clip in the small pin 
    hole and press and hold it for 30 sec.

BIOS default: After power drain is done, power on the u nit, but as soon as you power on the unit keep pressing the F2 key so that it take you to BIOS 
    page. Press F9 and press Enter than press F10 and press Enter. the unit will restart

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Brandon_Gui123
    Brandon_Gui123 Member Posts: 20 Networker
    Well, I am experiencing the same problem too. The touchpad works fine for a while but after trying to scroll or zoom things with it, it stops working. A quick fix would be to go to "Device Manager", and under "Human Interface Devices", right-click on "I2C HID Device" and disable it and re-enable it. This would alleviate the issue but won't solve the problem - scrolling or zooming will cause it to stop responding.

Re-installing the both the I2C HID device and the HID-compliant touch pad did nothing to solve the problem.

There was once when I sent my laptop for repair due to it being unbootable (no mention of the touchpad issue) and the re-installation of the BIOS and the OS did nothing to solve the problem. So I guess it is because of a software issue and not a hardware issue.

I actually have mentioned this problem on another post here: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/615203
  • BlueSA
    BlueSA Member Posts: 1 New User
    if your touch pad is not working try pressing Alt and F7
  • kh4561
    kh4561 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Everything I read said to try the FN and F7 keys......that does nothing.  BlueSA indicated to try Alt and F7 and it actually worked - thank you!
  • santosh9384
    santosh9384 Member Posts: 1 New User
    what can i do? Thanks
    Thanks for Fn+F7 words here. my touch pad stopped all of a sudden. later noticed F7 key has a way to stop touchpad. pressed Fn+F7 and touchpad strated working.!!
  • DwertlePLayz
    DwertlePLayz Member Posts: 25 Troubleshooter
    what can i do? Thanks
    If fn+f7 didn't work then go to touchpad settings and check if it is active. If that didn't work go into the BIOS and make sure the touchpad is on.
  • Saa781
    Saa781 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Jack22 said:
    Try these steps for fix:

power drain: Just check the back of the unit, you can find a pin hole , unplug the charger and turn off the unit. now put a paper clip in the small pin 

BIOS default: After power drain is done, power on the u nit, but as soon as you power on the unit keep pressing the F2 key so that it take you to BIOS 
    page. Press F9 and press Enter than press F10 and press Enter. the unit will restart

Genius!
  • FyreBoyeYT
    FyreBoyeYT Member Posts: 54 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Jack22 said:
    Try these steps for fix:

well tho it dosen't work for me. I have the same problem too!
    robut - Loving Acer User

• FyreBoyeYT
    but i have a question. i put my mouse next to my touchpad while both of them are on. Does the swift have like a magnetic field to make it stop working because of a mouse's optic lens or something affecting the field? If so, how do i repair it?
    robut - Loving Acer User

• OhioDeb
    OhioDeb Member Posts: 1 New User
    I thought my touchpad wasn't working but found out that the F7 key had been pressed accidentally.  
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited January 2020
    Editadoooooo...
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • XafieRa
    XafieRa Member Posts: 1 New User
    what can i do? Thanks
    Me tooo :(
  • @XafieRa Ideally, you should create a new topic. Add me by putting an @.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• FyreBoyeYT
    oh hey if you did press FN+F7 then its wrong. You should only press the F7 key WITHOUT the fn.
    robut - Loving Acer User

• Clarice22
    Clarice22 Member Posts: 1 New User
    oh hey if you did press FN+F7 then its wrong. You should only press the F7 key WITHOUT the fn.
    It worked! Thanks so much!
  • Cittel
    Cittel Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited June 2020
    First install the Serial I/O driver, then turn on the touchpad with F7 or Fn+F7.
This discussion has been closed.