Disabling Integrated Graphics(VN7-591G)

Options
ChaosDoggo
ChaosDoggo Member Posts: 1 New User
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello everyone.
So recently I bought Star Wars Force Unleashed 2 and had trouble running it. Support from them advised to turn of one of my graphic cards, preferably the integrated one.

I have a Acer Aspire V 15 Nitro Black Edition(VN7-591G)

This has a Intel HD Graphics 550 and a Nvidia GeForce GTX 960m.

My question is, can I turn the integrated graphics off without screwing up my display? Will the dedicated graphic card automaticly take over the integrated one's tasks or do I need to change some settings? And what when I turn it back on? Will the integrated graphics then start doing it's tasks again?

Thank you in advance

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Options
    Good evening ChaosDoggo !

There are a few methods to disable the integrated GPU.
    However this can cause errors, BSOD's, slowness, among others.
    This is because it is "bridge" between the dedicated GPU and the output or video display of your laptop.
    Who performs the management between dedicated and integrated GPU is the system itself, according to the demand and the configurations.

To "force" the use of the dedicated GPU, follow some settings:
    1- Update both video drivers (Intel HD Graphics and Nvidia)
    2- Use the high-performance Windows power plan
    3 - Charge the battery at 100% of play and only play plugged into the power outlet
    4- use the Nvidia Control Panel to set the applications to rotate by 960m

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!