Which Stylus will work with Acer Chromebook Spin 15 CP315-1H-P8QY

Options
dnfrantum
dnfrantum Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I want to use an EMR stylus with my Acer Chromebook Spin 15 CP315-1H-P8QY, but I don't know which one(s) are most compatible and the best solution.

Answers

• dnfrantum
    dnfrantum Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Jack, thank you for your answer.  My question is which Stylus (SKUs) will work with my specific Chromebook.  I like the Waycom, but they offer different models and I am not sure which is best suited for my device.  Additionally, Acer has a stylus too and I am interested in knowing if it is a working candidate for consideration.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,482 Trailblazer
    Options
    IMO, the BoxWave should be a bit better than what you'd get from the dollar store. And better than your pinky but maybe not by much. The EMRs might also work but not as well as you might expect. That's because different screen sensing mechanisms are involved. The ACER-type screen mostly senses static electricity changes from the capacitive stylus or your finger. The EMR screen mostly senses radar-like echos from the EMR stylus. If it were mine, I'd probably try a few cheap pens from WalMart, DollarStore or FiveBelow to see if any of them seem halfway decent.  Because I don't think you'd get much better spending a lot more. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• fragma757
    fragma757 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hi JackE, will the same WACOM BoxWave EMR Pen you've mentioned would work on Acer Chromebook SPIN 15 CP315-1H-C7Q1?
  • fragma757
    fragma757 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    fragma757 said:
    Hi JackE, will the same WACOM BoxWave EMR Pen you've mentioned would work on Acer Chromebook SPIN 15 CP315-1H-C7Q1?
    JackE, What about this 2 styluses?

https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Chromebook-Active-ASA640-NP-STY1A-017/dp/B074PRVGRC

BoxWave Acer Chromebook Spin 11 (R751T) Stylus Pen

Anything you can recommend to get on Amazon that works with Acer Chromebook SPIN 15 CP315-1H-C7Q1?
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,482 Trailblazer
    Options
    Sorry, no. You're laptop is not listed as being compatible with active (battery-powered) pens. You need a capacitive touch stylus like this one https://www.amazon.com/BoxWave-Chromebook-Stylus-EverTouch-Capacitive/dp/B07JGW8XDD
    It might be better than what you'd get in the dollar store. I'd try a dollar  store pen first. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ