My Nitro AN515-53 lags/glitches/stutters games when I load them up, Help!

Smuppetfan69
Smuppetfan69 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I've tried everything suggested from downloading the latest bios to updating nvidia and nothing has worked. I'm very computer illiterate. Every time I try to load up a game like slime rancher or skyrim the game lags/glitches/stutters and the audio sounds like a dial-up horror movie for like 30 seconds and it happens intermittently. I just bought this laptop YESTERDAY! 

Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    I know it sounds corny but try this
    power drain: Fully charge battery then remove power cord, turn the laptop off and wait 2 hours for cool down. then check the bottom of the unit, there is a pinhole, now put a paper clip in the small pin hole and press and hold it for 30 sec. Wait 15 mins then then go to the step below, this solves a multitude of problems
    BIOS default: After power drain is done, power on the unit, but as soon as you power on the unit keep pressing the F2 key so that it takes you to the BIOS menu. Press F9 and press Enter than press F10 and press Enter. the unit will restart. 
    Let us know how it went

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Smuppetfan69

Tinkerer

andylb said:
    I know it sounds corny but try this
    power drain: Fully charge battery then remove power cord, turn the laptop off and wait 2 hours for cool down. then check the bottom of the unit, there is a pinhole, now put a paper clip in the small pin hole and press and hold it for 30 sec. Wait 15 mins then then go to the step below, this solves a multitude of problems
    BIOS default: After power drain is done, power on the unit, but as soon as you power on the unit keep pressing the F2 key so that it takes you to the BIOS menu. Press F9 and press Enter than press F10 and press Enter. the unit will restart. 
    Let us know how it went
    I tried it and it changed nothing, unfortunately. I'm at a complete loss. 
  • Have you set up the notebook for high performance power options? Have you let the battery charge 100% before you start playing? Also, configure here, so that the game is started by the nvidia board:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Smuppetfan69

Tinkerer

Have you set up the notebook for high performance power options? Have you let the battery charge 100% before you start playing? Also, configure here, so that the game is started by the nvidia board:

I have done the first things, however I do not know what the nvidia board is or how to get to that screen in your screenshot. I was on chat with help here and they directed me to factory reset, so I did, but that also did not fix the issue. At this point I have updated drivers, updated windows and reset, as well as everything  else I stated prior in the post. Still nothing has worked. 
  • andylb
    edited July 2019
    I think you are gaming on the Intel GPU instead of the Nvidia GPU.  watch this video and then do the steps below
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7DrQmDXHuY

1)       Open nvidia control panel and change setting to select the nVidia 1050ti for high performance

2)       select each game in the nVidia control panel to run on nVidia high performance

3)      Open Win 10 Display Settings and designate each game in the Graphics Settings section to run with nVidia high performance GPU

4)      Right click the game and chose Run with graphics processor > High Performance NVIDIA processor (default)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Smuppetfan69

Tinkerer

andylb said:
    I think you are gaming on the Intel GPU instead of the Nvidia GPU.  watch this video and then do the steps below

1)       Open nvidia control panel and change setting to select the nVidia 1050ti for high performance

2)       select each game in the nVidia control panel to run on nVidia high performance

3)      Open Win 10 Display Settings and designate each game in the Graphics Settings section to run with nVidia high performance GPU

4)      Right click the game and chose Run with graphics processor > High Performance NVIDIA processor (default)

I'm not seeing any games in the nVida control panel nor the graphics settings section, however I did manage to witch the the nvidia gpu and do step four with a game but it didn't seem to change anything, still glitching out with the audio. 
  • OK! Have you tried updating your audio drivers?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Smuppetfan69

Tinkerer

OK! Have you tried updating your audio drivers?
    Yes, I have 
  • andylb
    andylb said:

I'm not seeing any games in the nVida control panel nor the graphics settings section, however I did manage to witch the the nvidia gpu and do step four with a game but it didn't seem to change anything, still glitching out with the audio. 

Sorry I presumed you had already imported your games, do this

1. Open the NVIDIA Control Panel

2. Select "Manage 3D Settings"

3. Select "Program Settings" tab

4. Click "Add" button

5. Browse your computer program files and open the game folder, find the .exe file or it may say Application and double click it to add it, repeat for each game you want to import

6. Choose the preferred graphics processor to use from the drop menu

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Smuppetfan69

Tinkerer

andylb said:
    andylb said:

Sorry I presumed you had already imported your games, do this

1. Open the NVIDIA Control Panel

2. Select "Manage 3D Settings"

3. Select "Program Settings" tab

4. Click "Add" button

5. Browse your computer program files and open the game folder, find the .exe file or it may say Application and double click it to add it, repeat for each game you want to import

6. Choose the preferred graphics processor to use from the drop menu

Alright, I did that for all of my games (I've downloaded three at this point to try, Slime Rancher, TES: Oblivion and TES: Skyrim Special Edition. Slime rancher and Oblivion aren't on the supported games list, however Skyrim is but they all still behave the same. 
  • andylb
    OK we are doing a process of elimination so I think we are close. You probably have a corrupt display driver even though you updated it, which you probably did without doing a clean uninstall of the old ones. Download the current display driver to your desktop but don't install it yet. Download DDU to your desktop from here, the download links are at the bottom of the page
    https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html Double click and install DDU then run it to do a clean uninstall of your current drivers, now reboot the Laptop then install the new drivers you downloaded earlier then reboot again. 

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Are you playing with the notebook connected to the power adapter? Also, do what colleague andylb said!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer