what power off usb charging feature mean ?

This discussion has a more recent version.
my laptop came with this feature.. how i make use of it ?
 power off usb

Best Answers

• Rudy21Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,702 Pathfinder
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Sasa100

USB Charge allows you to charge mobile devices any time the notebook is turned on or in Sleep mode. Power-off USB charging allows you to charge mobile devices using the designated USB port, even when the notebook is off or in Hibernation mode.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • egydiocoelhoegydiocoelho ACE Posts: 76,187 Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    @Slowandlow See you this here:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

FAQ & Answers

• Rudy21Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,702 Pathfinder
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Sasa100

USB Charge allows you to charge mobile devices any time the notebook is turned on or in Sleep mode. Power-off USB charging allows you to charge mobile devices using the designated USB port, even when the notebook is off or in Hibernation mode.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • SlowandlowSlowandlow Member Posts: 7 New User
    Is the "Power off USB charging port" the one with the battery symbol, or the other one without battery symbol..? :)
    Accepted Answer
    @Slowandlow See you this here:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • SlowandlowSlowandlow Member Posts: 7 New User
    Thank you! :)
  • You're welcome! If my answer helped you, click accept and also liked!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MichaelEMichaelE Member Posts: 2 New User
    I also have that port on mine. How do I actually use it?
    Can I charge via a normal USB 2 cable as it's not data transfer?

Can I hook it up to a wall outlet as I would a phone?

Thanks in advance.
    @MichaelEThe computer allows charging on the 3.0 usb port, even being turned off!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MichaelEMichaelE Member Posts: 2 New User
    @MichaelEThe computer allows charging on the 3.0 usb port, even being turned off!

Thanks. It also seems you can charge the computer battery while the computer is off using USB c.

• ahmadkampfahmadkampf Member Posts: 2 New User
    Rudy21 said:
    Hi @Sasa100

How can i enable it could you tell me steps ??