Windows 10 upgrade to version 1903 from 1809 on Aspire E1-570 -Bios change advised by Microsoft.

JBTKU
JBTKU Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
My E1-570 has Windows 10 version 1809 loaded and works fine. Microsoft have downloaded automatically a version 1903 but when I checked with them before letting the download activate I was told that the laptop version was not compatible with the existing Bios.
The suggested I contacted Acer to find out if a change of Bios "could" be loaded onto the laptop so that the latest version (1903) would work.
I would be grateful for your input on this please.

Meanwhile I have used the following to stop any further uploads, it "may" help others in the same situation.
Select the Windows flag icon + R .
Type in box "Services.msc" then OK - Scroll down the resulting list of "cogs" until you see 
"Windows Update" Now DOUBLE CLICK this item - (Opens "Windows Update Properties (Local Computer))
The GENERAL Tab should be visible.
Look for STARTUP TYPE (sub menu) and SELECT "Disabled" CLICK OK at foot of section =
That's it. 
Ti STOPS Windows from updating
Thank you
Kind regards
Jim

Answers

• Dotun4luv
    Dotun4luv Member Posts: 4 New User
    The Windows 10 July update is version 18932 that will definitely replace the version 1908. Only the Windows insider members are allowed to test the build preview at this moment. However, the insider program is opened to all you can become part of it here "Windows 10 ISO insider"