My frame light is turning green P03-600

TopGangplank
TopGangplank Member Posts: 16

Tinkerer

edited February 2021 in Predator Desktops
Bought this P03-600 6 months ago and the light here has turned green for some reason. (Couldn't bother to take a photo so just used others' photo but the green area of mine is wider than this photo)
What should I do? Should I call in customer service? Is it possible to just get another tower or just the frame light for free? The green light is really bothering me, it doesn't look consistent with the rest of the tower....

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,266 Trailblazer
    If you're familiar and comfortable with removing the side panel to access the mainboard, the front panel led connector #12 in the image below probably needs to be re-seated a few times to help clean its contacts. Otherwise, seek warranty service if it bothers you. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• TopGangplank

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    If you're familiar and comfortable with removing the side panel to access the mainboard, the front panel led connector #12 in the image below probably needs to be re-seated a few times to help clean its contacts. Otherwise, seek warranty service if it bothers you. Jack E/NJ

thanks for replying, it's just if I opened the side panel and made some change to the inside of the desktop. Doesn't that break the warranty? 
  • TopGangplank

Tinkerer

JackE said:

emmm, I already plug and unplug that connector for several times (like 6-7times) and the green color stays on.......
  • JackE
    What panel color do you prefer ? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,311 Trailblazer
    I wonder if the clear plastic is starting to yellow...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • TopGangplank

Tinkerer

billsey said:
    I wonder if the clear plastic is starting to yellow...
    The plastic is still clear
  • TopGangplank

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    What panel color do you prefer ? Jack E/NJ
    If panel color refers to the led then I prefer it to be blue like the color when I bought the desktop
  • JackE
    I zoomed in the mid-section of the leftside vertical panel led strip that you just posted. Here is the full-scale/full screen zoom color rendition of that strip. It looks more like blue than green to me.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• TopGangplank

Tinkerer

Yeah because it’snot on and it’s not that position that’s green when I turn the computer on.

• TopGangplank

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    I zoomed in the mid-section of the leftside vertical panel led strip that you just posted. Here is the full-scale/full screen zoom color rendition of that strip. It looks more like blue than green to me.  Jack E/NJ

That photo is just an illustration of the problem being inside of the led but not the outside
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,311 Trailblazer
    If you look at the two images at the bottom on the right side, where the lit image shows a distinctive green color, on the unlit the plastic is darker. Is it thicker there or perhaps is backed by something darker?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • TopGangplank

Tinkerer

billsey said:
    If you look at the two images at the bottom on the right side, where the lit image shows a distinctive green color, on the unlit the plastic is darker. Is it thicker there or perhaps is backed by something darker?
    Emmm it’s just the shadow from the sun. It’s green for the first six months when I bought it. Thus I would consider the problem be like unstable voltage supply or the led is just somehow broken.
  • JackE
    Is this image turned on or not? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• TopGangplank

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Is this image turned on or not? Jack E/NJ

Obviously it is on
  • JackE
    The LEDs are fine. Unlike incandescent bulbs, they don't change color with voltage. They either get brighter and eventually burn out with too much voltage. Or get dimmer and turn off with too little voltage. The perception of color change is most likely due to changes in ambient light conditions & reflective surfaces. Sorry, I don't think it has a hardware issue. Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• TopGangplank

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    The LEDs are fine. Unlike incandescent bulbs, they don't change color with voltage. They either get brighter and eventually burn out with too much voltage. Or get dimmer and turn off with too little voltage. The perception of color change is most likely due to changes in ambient light conditions & reflective surfaces. Sorry, I don't think it has a hardware issue. Jack E/NJ  
     :'(  well im not sure what to do now
  • JackE
    Well, if it was mine, I'd pull the LED connector off the mainboard. I prefer not to have LEDs lit up like a Christmas tree on any of the Predator machines either. Personal preference. Too gaudy for me. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• TopGangplank

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Well, if it was mine, I'd pull the LED connector off the mainboard. I prefer not to have LEDs lit up like a Christmas tree on any of the Predator machines either. Personal preference. Too gaudy for me. Jack E/NJ
    Alright, looks like it’s gonna be impossible to get my blue light shining again haha but anyways thanks for your help! Really appreciate it.
  • TopGangplank

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Sorry that I have to ask another stupid question but as I followed your advice and tries to use my desktop without the light strips I found it still shining after I pulled the led power supply on the motherboard. Did I make any mistake of which line is which?
  • TopGangplank

Tinkerer

So it is in fact green.....