ACER ICONIA TAB 10 A3-A40 POWER FAIL WHEN UPGRADE. CANT START IT NOW

TORD
TORD Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
I TRIEDREBOOT FACTORY. BUT STILL IT JUST STUCK ON STARTSEQUENCE. ANY KNOW HOW I CAN FIX IT?

Answers

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Hi @TORD,
    Try to Turn off the machine by pressing and holding the power button for 5sec. let the unit turn off and then turn on the unit. 

Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • TORD
    nope done that many times and set factory settings reboot not helping

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Looks like the OS image on your tablet is likely corrupted then. Download the OS from the Acer support site (IIRC there are two, just pick the newest) and put it on an SD card, then put the SD in your tablet. Boot into recovery mode and have it reinstall the OS from the zip file. If that doesn't work then the onboard flash has failed and fix will require a motherboard swap. :(
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • TORD
    billsey said:
    Looks like the OS image on your tablet is likely corrupted then. Download the OS from the Acer support site (IIRC there are two, just pick the newest) and put it on an SD card, then put the SD in your tablet. Boot into recovery mode and have it reinstall the OS from the zip file. If that doesn't work then the onboard flash has failed and fix will require a motherboard swap. 

well i tried that and sometimes it starts installing but 2 min its aborted. Start to think its a battery prob

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Make sure you have power applied while you do it. It shouldn't fail unless the storage chips have failed, and then you are pretty much toast anyway,,,
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.