I need to transfer Windows 10 Home License from Seagate HDD to a new WD Blue 3D NAND SSD

Options
bamusic21
bamusic21 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
I need to transfer Windows 10 Home License from Seagate HDD to a new WD Blue 3D NAND SSD.

I downloaded Acronis TI WD Edition and tried cloning. I also tried using Seagate Discwizard, but it wasn't finding the WD SSD. I formatted the WD SSD and still wasn't targeting to WD SSD from the original Seagate HDD.

I was trying to clone my laptop's original drive to a new one, but if I can just get the Windows 10 license switched over, I can manually reinstall the programs I want onto the WD SSD.

In the wise words of Leeloo Dallas: "Pleeeaasse Haalp Meeeh."

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Options
    Good night bamusic21 !

I do not really understand what you want.

The Windows activation key for Acer laptops is OEM (they are linked only to the device and can not be transmitted) and are saved directly to Bios.

If you are looking to clone the system from the original HDD to an SSD, you should use some software such as Minitool Partition or Macrium Reflect.
    Remember that all partitions must be cloned, including the system and recovery of Acer.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!