Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Acer Swift SF314-54 - Ask about BIOS SATA Mode Settings 'Intel Optance' or 'AHCI'

hoquangthaiholyhoquangthaiholy Posts: 1Member New User
Dear supporters,

I had Acer Swift SF314-54 and I installed 240 SSD and 1T HDD on this. I saw in the BIOS. The SATA mode set to 'Intel Optance'. Since my laptop doesn't have the Intel Optance memory. This default setting affects the overall performance of my laptop or not? I have to re-install my OS if I want to change this SATA mode. Which SATA mode is suitable for my hardware setting?

Thanks for helps.

Best Answer

• brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 11,518 Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    Hi,
    There's not much difference, however, Intel Optane is slightly better than AHCI mode, you can install Crystal Diskmark and check the difference.
    Intel Optane with IRST

AHCI Mode

FAQ & Answers

• brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 11,518ACE Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    Hi,
    There's not much difference, however, Intel Optane is slightly better than AHCI mode, you can install Crystal Diskmark and check the difference.
    Intel Optane with IRST

AHCI Mode