integrated webcam isnt recognized. ASPIRE VX 15-591G-76BV

Options
naocruz
naocruz Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
Hello.
I want to use my webcam with various apps but it seems the camera isnt recognized at all.
Even from the device manager i cant find it as "hd cam" "unknown" or other names. It is not listed on "devices for gaming, sound and video" nor in the "image devices" one or any other cathegory, so, i cant follow the suggestion of "just update the driver" because the driver isnt even there. I visited that website where you can check if your webcam works fine and it didnt recognized it. Skype didnt recognized it either.
I have been looking for the CAM DRIVER for hours now but cant find a good solution. On the Acer downloads for my laptop model, such driver is not listed. I looked forward and found that perhaps the problem is that such camera is not manufactured by Acer so I needed to search for that specific manufacturer but i cant find the name of that company, no website ever declare the integrated Acer webcam is from x or y manufacturer.
Anyways.
Do you have any help here? Its been ages since i last used that camera but i need it now. 
I got a complete reboot of my win 10 system some months ago due to some virus problems and i dont know if thats the point where the driver got lost, or perhaps its just one of the win 10 updates that is making odd changes.
Do I need an Acer driver for the camera? or is it a generic win 10 driver? 
Please.
Help me to install the driver for my webcam.

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Options
    Good night naocruz !

If the webcam is not recognized even in the Device Manager it is possible that it is defective or the flat cable is misplaced or damaged.
    Use a live Linux distribution and make sure it is recognized.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• naocruz
    naocruz Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    ok, i will check it out.
    I really thought it was a problem of just drivers.