want add ram and my laptop notsupport

hatembadran1
hatembadran1 Member Posts: 44 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello
I want add ram my laptop https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7408?b=1&pn=NX.GTQEM.010&sn=NXGTQEM010808042F26600
had 8 G but it's not Enough for me and mylaptop not support add ram because my laptop ram built in
any way to add new ram ?

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good afternoon hatembadran1 !

Please confirm that this is your exact model: https://www.acer.com/datasheets/2018/4876/SP515-51GN/NX.GTQEM.010.html

If so, it supports a maximum of 8Gb of DDR4 2133Mhz SO-DIMM RAM.
    There are models with 16Gb.
    But the memory banks of this model are integrated into the motherboard.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• hatembadran1
    MaClane said:
    Good afternoon hatembadran1 !

Please confirm that this is your exact model: https://www.acer.com/datasheets/2018/4876/SP515-51GN/NX.GTQEM.010.html

If so, it supports a maximum of 8Gb of DDR4 2133Mhz SO-DIMM RAM.
    There are models with 16Gb.
    But the memory banks of this model are integrated into the motherboard.

yes this model
    so i search any way to upgrade this rame to 16 Giga 
    so you know any way ?
  • MaClane
    edited May 2019
    I think he has not understood the information.
    This model only has one integrated slot.
    Or 8Gb or 16Gb.
    The RAM can not be updated.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• hatembadran1
    MaClane disse:
    Creo que no ha entendido la información.
    Este modelo sólo tiene una ranura integrada.
    O 8Gb o 16Gb.
    No se puede actualizar la RAM.
    no any way to change it by acer ?
  • MaClane
    It's not Acer's issue.
    The RAM of this model is integrated (soldered) on the motherboard.
    There are no expansion slots in this model.
    Only models that comes with 8GB or 16GB factory.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• hatembadran1
    MaClane disse:
    It's not Acer's issue.
    The RAM of this model is integrated (soldered) on the motherboard.
    There are no expansion slots in this model.
    Only models that comes with 8GB or 16GB factory.

This is a bad experience from Acer, I will not buy from them again
  • MaClane
    Wrong.
    As a user you should have been informed before purchasing the model.
    All information is in the public domain and at no time has Acer declined to provide them.
    The question of memory banks being integrated in this model is due to the fact of the follow-up.
    All of the developer companies have devices with such features, be it Acer, Dell, Asus, among others.
    So it's not Acer's issue but information.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• hatembadran1
    MaClane disse:
    Wrong.
    As a user you should have been informed before purchasing the model.
    All information is in the public domain and at no time has Acer declined to provide them.
    The question of memory banks being integrated in this model is due to the fact of the follow-up.
    All of the developer companies have devices with such features, be it Acer, Dell, Asus, among others.
    So it's not Acer's issue but information.

Most companies if not all can update RAM or increase it was necessary to make it easier to clarify that this machine can not increase Ram and can not sell one piece of it is a trick
  • MaClane
    WRONG again.
    ALL the information is sim disponible on sites and in the own Acer and they are of public domain.
    It is the responsibility of each user to inform themselves before purchasing a device.
    And devices with integrated RAM and many without expansion slots are available from various developers.
    Just search the information on the Internet.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• hatembadran1

The agent of the company in the sales show has no information General I actually bought the device and unfortunately I was promoting it until I bought ssd Unfortunately I did not find a place for the Ram and I will sell and buy any other product is easier to be clear everything and the company is clarifying or solving the upgrade
  • MaClane
    I advise that before acquiring any other device of any company whatsoever, inform yourself in advance.
    All developers (Acer, Asus, Lenovo, Dell, etc) have forums and direct contact to clarify any necessary information on any products they commercialize.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• hatembadran1

I had two products from HP and one from Asus and the three supported the RAM upgrade except this strange device. Acer has to explain this information because most devices support RAM upgrade
  • MaClane
    An example is the Asus X44C which has the same built-in RAM features with no expansion option.
    Each device has a dedicated development, segment and market.
    There's nothing wrong.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• hatembadran1

I think it is a strange defense from you. It is supposed to write the space of ram and between brackets it is not expandable either leave the subject open, it does not want clarification