My Predator 17 n15p4 won’t turn on

Legend27
Legend27 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
How it started: I was playing FIFA and all of a sudden, the screen froze and I couldn’t do anything to solve it so I had to force shut down my laptop. After it had closed, it was impossible to turn it back on and it won’t charge anymore. I have tried the “holding the power button for 30 seconds” but it doesn’t seem to work. I have taken out my battery and put it back in again too. Is there any other method to solve this? Or this is the end of my laptop...

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,328 Trailblazer
    Unplug the battery connector from the mainboard. Put the covers back on. Plug the charger in. Try to turn it on without the battery. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Legend27

Tinkerer

Thank you. I’ve tried it but it still doesn’t work :( My laptop is completely dead right now 
  • JackE
    Check the mainboard for SW2 as shown below. This is a spring-loaded normally OFF safety switch that cuts all power to the mainboard when the cover is removed. The switch itself may be defective or the bottom cover protrusion that presses the switch into the ON state might be misaligned and not pressing hard enough against the switch. You might want to try to manual press the switch to the ON state to see if it makes a difference in trying to power up. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Legend27

Tinkerer

I can’t find where you want me to look really :( Can you show me another pic?
  • Is your model g9-791? If so, Mr JackE is referring to this button:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    It's the G3-570 series. The switch  SW2 is located just below the memory module mid-section. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited May 2019
    g3-570 or g3-571 "Jack" There is no g3-570!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    570 series as in 571, 572, 573... =) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• I now understand @JackE!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Legend27

Tinkerer

Thank you, but I still couldn’t find it. Can you draw a marker on this pic so it makes it a bit easier for me to find? Thanks
  • Legend27

Tinkerer

Legend27 said:
    Thank you, but I still couldn’t find it. Can you draw a marker on this pic so it makes it a bit easier for me to find? Thanks 
    https://imgur.com/a/iMsUlwV
  • here my friend:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• What is the exact model this notebook?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Legend27

Tinkerer

That’s the Predator n15p4 isn’t it? I’ve found where you wanted me to look at tho but I’m still unsure of what to do with it... 
  • JackE
    No, it's model number would probably be something like  G9-xxx or GX-xxx. Where did you purchase it from? The switch must be pressed down to get power to the mainboard. There should be a corresponding pimple or protrusion on the inside of the cover which would press against when properly assembed. Like previously noted, it's a safety switch to cut power to the board when the cover is removed so you don't zap anything if the battery was connected. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Did you see the highlight I made with a white square in the previous photo?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JackE
    Red square and arrows now.   =) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• That's right @JackE!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Legend27

Tinkerer

It makes no difference guys. It’s still the same :( I have followed what you told me
  • Is your notebook under warranty?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer