E5-771G-567T. and Kingston SSD disk A1000 240GB PCIe x2 NVMe

ZimnyPorter
ZimnyPorter Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi,
I have problem with my Laptop Acer E5-771G-567T. I installed Kingston SSD disk A1000 240GB PCIe x2 NVMe. Next cloned OS and UTEFI partitions to new SSD disk by Windows 10. When I'm trying boot system from new disk, is communicate "no bootable device". Wen I look on BIOS system menu it didn't see this SSD disk in information menu.  SSD disk is visible in Windows 10 booted from old HDD.

Answers

• Hello! What is the uefi firmware version of your notebook and have you tried upgrading the ssd firmware? Have you also tried disconnecting the hd to check if ssd is recognized in the bios?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ZimnyPorter
    Thank you for quick responding.
    Version of UEFI BIOS firmware is V1.23. The ssd firmware is the newest. Yes i tried disconnected HDD, SSD is no recognized in the bios and is communicate "no bootable device".
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    >>>SSD disk is visible in Windows 10 booted from old HDD.>>>

Then the SSD must still be visible in the BIOS info tab or Windows disk management wouldn't see it either.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• The maclane problem is that although ssd is not detected by uefi, it is detected by windows! @ZimnyPorter Have you checked if legacy mode detected ssd?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    edited May 2019
    egydiocoelhoIf the m.2 was successfully cloned from this machine, then it must've been recognized by UEFI bootstrapper at least at the time it was cloned. Something doesn't make sense in the description here? Unless of course the m.2 got somehow zapped due to static or handling. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• I believe that when it cloned ssd, something was not cloned properly and so uefi no longer recognizes ssd properly!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ZimnyPorter
    @egydiocoelho  Legacy mode do not detect SSD.

@JackE tis is confirmation that Windows recognized SSD

• JackE
    Yes, I egydiocoelho agree with that possibility too. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• I'm finding that you have not properly cloned hd to ssd! You should clone all the partitions that appear here:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JackE
    ZimnyPorter >>>>Legacy mode do not detect SSD.>>>

Wait. This is BIOS Boot tab. Not BIOS Info tab!!!! If Disk Mgt sees it the BIOS Info tab must see it too.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• @JackE "Wen I look on BIOS system menu it didn't see this SSD disk in information menu"

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JackE
    I don't mean your BIOS INFO TAB  egydiocoelho   I mean ZimnyPorter BIOS INFO TAB. He earlier only posted BIOS BOOT TAB  shown below. BIOS INFO tab should detect m.2 SSD if Win10 disk management detects m.2 SSD. Win10 won't detect it if BIOS INFO doesn't detect it. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• It would be important if he sent a photo of this section:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ZimnyPorter
    @egydiocoelho photo of information tab:

• So ssd is not really being identified by bios! But it also has no problems because it is identified in windows! I suggest you try cloning again to see if it solves the problem!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JackE
    egydiocoelho Just found out from another user this morning that a recently released BIOS update fix for a 2nd SSD/HDD that suddenly and completely disappears in in the BIOS menu for a G3 series model.  Maybe something similar is going on here?  I wonder what diskpart> list disk reveals? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Can you send me the link from another user who has the same problem @JackE?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• I think it may be a problem with bios, which does not detect correctly when hd and ssd are connected at the same time!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JackE
    For G3-572. Update didn't resolve the issue but it's very similar to what we seem to have here. Obviously some weird BIOS problems going on. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• It looks like the problem was solved for a short time, updating the intel irst driver!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer