My Predator Sense doesn't display my current frequency of the CPU

YceBreaKYceBreaK Posts: 42Member Troubleshooter
edited December 2017 in Predator Laptops
My Predator Sense doesn't display my current frequency of the CPU

FAQ & Answers

• YceBreaKYceBreaK Posts: 42Member Troubleshooter
    up i still don't know how to fix it
  • CyberTechLordCyberTechLord Posts: 2Member New User

Same here!! Predator 17 G9-793 Worked PERFECT for 2 wks, then I just installed MSI AfterBurner for the GPU (only mild 100ish point bump-up on core/mem clocks). I didn't use EVGA PrecX, which also can do CPU, the MSI S'ware ONLY effects the *GPU* Was added just B4 I saw the PS app only had dashes for CPU clock. I chk it on occasion since I want it to default to "Faster", and it drops to std spontaneously. Or else I'm not setting it right. Do I need to make a profile for the "FASTER" setting to stick?? I'm always plugged in w/ full batt charge (only on this tank for 2 wks so far), as per the PS listed guide below the selections.

Acer Tech Sup't leaves MUCH to be desired.

• CyberTechLordCyberTechLord Posts: 2Member New User

Well, as I'm new here and didn't see any Seniors signed in, I read Skelo's post abt PS, and seems it WAS the MSI AB as I suspected. And just as I was getting used to it, more complex than EVGA Prec-X, but I usually match the app to my Lappy/GPU brand. Actually only used the Older EVGA Precision. And it took abt *5* reboots to get the MSI Very Mild GPU boost to stick on bootup (still too complex, was prolly doing something wrong). I may try the EVGA, could even goto NXZT CAM which I only keep here for specs readout and am not currently using to apply mods on startup. W/ CoreTemp in my tray at all times I don't even need the PS freq. readout, which I must click to see anyway, just wondering why it suddenly only showed dashes. You'd think Acer would have a way to make a 1-Key ShortCut to THEIR PS app w/ the 1 thru 5 side keys, I can't get macros to work and they're of NO help. These boards look MUCH more informative! I could make my PS Icon a shortcut and use an F-Key, but most of mine are taken, or dedicated within certain apps.

Some may know me from the CyberPower Boards, where I've taken a break to config this Tank to my liking, and other personal matters. I hope I didn't make a mistake buying this P-17 G9 (GTX 1070), most stuff works well, was disappointed at the low specced write speed on the 2 128's in my boot array, especially as I have a sealed SamSung 960 PRO 512GB sitting here (NVMe Write 2100, the set here is just an M.2 SATA-III pair), w/ no 3rd M.2 form factor slot to hook it to to clone the OS (and 2 wks, abt 25GB so far, of additional stuff) onto. I can't get help from Acronis, and was told by SamSung that their drives don't play well w/ a striped array. I was hoping to do a quick pump onto the spinner and then back, I thought I'd just have an image and didn't realize the RAID-0 array would throw a wrench into that plan. Any Ideas? As this tank is currently my DT replacement, the 256GB's will overfill eventually anyway, especially if I added 2 games - tho I can wait for a full DT repair for that, but still wanted to keep this Lappy longterm, so the 256 may still fill up on me down the line - 2 M.2/NVME slots inside, not 3).

• andreipenaluandreipenalu Posts: 4Member New User
    can someone help me to activate the turbo,faster,normal options? my predator sense looks like this https://imgur.com/a/f28izlK please help me. i have ther acer predator helios 300 ph317-52 model 
  • sri369sri369 Posts: 1,471Member Supercomputer Wrangler

Same here!! Predator 17 G9-793 Worked PERFECT for 2 wks, then I just installed MSI AfterBurner for the GPU (only mild 100ish point bump-up on core/mem clocks). I didn't use EVGA PrecX, which also can do CPU, the MSI S'ware ONLY effects the *GPU* Was added just B4 I saw the PS app only had dashes for CPU clock. I chk it on occasion since I want it to default to "Faster", and it drops to std spontaneously. Or else I'm not setting it right. Do I need to make a profile for the "FASTER" setting to stick?? I'm always plugged in w/ full batt charge (only on this tank for 2 wks so far), as per the PS listed guide below the selections.

Acer Tech Sup't leaves MUCH to be desired.

Use only one - PS or MSI. You can control overclocking GPU in MSI at a more finer level than PS, but this needs patience and some learning. PS is more simple and straightforward. Pick one, and stick to it.
  • JohnCenaJohnCena Posts: 277Member Mr. Fixit
    can someone help me to activate the turbo,faster,normal options? my predator sense looks like this https://imgur.com/a/f28izlK please help me. i have ther acer predator helios 300 ph317-52 model 
    Create a new thread.