Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

battery problem, past warranty period

MeiyiMeiyi Posts: 4Member New User
battery on laptop states that there's no battery detected. my laptop has a built in battery so theres nothing i can do. i tried the battery pin hole method and the uninstalling of Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery, but its still not working. whats wrong with my laptop? Is there anything i can do now? If theres nothing i can do, do i need to visit a technician to fix it? how much will it cost?

FAQ & Answers

• JackEJackE Posts: 15,422ACE Trailblazer
    Probably just disconnected from the mainboard. If you've got a screwdriver, take the 15 or so screws off the bottom cover and pry it off. The battery and its connector should be clearly visible. Jack E/NJ
  • MeiyiMeiyi Posts: 4Member New User
    JackE said:
    Probably just disconnected from the mainboard. If you've got a screwdriver, take the 15 or so screws off the bottom cover and pry it off. The battery and its connector should be clearly visible. Jack E/NJ
    Checked, all the cable is tighly secure...
  • JackEJackE Posts: 15,422ACE Trailblazer
    Pull battery connector off mainboard. With a multimeter, voltage should be about 15 volts DC between the end red and black connectors. Jack E/NJ