Will a flat Bios battery result in my machine won't start up?TravelMate 7730G-844G25Mn

Hense
Hense Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
 (TravelMate 7730G-844G25Mn running Win 7Ult./64bit.) The screen lights up but often theres no picture/logo. I can sometimes enter via F2, when i choose start Windows normally the goes black and only reboot..? I tried disassembling all i could (ram-graphicscard-HD(SSD) and after that it started up as it was new. All my file were intact but the date was all wrong (somwhere in March 2007) When i restet the date it went back to not working... Any suggestions what to do. Iwould hate to let it go...

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    A few years ago, a Win7 AMD platform update that was listed as 'important' might be responsible for your WEI result. It also caused some other issues for users with integrated AMD graphics chips. Probably not worth worrying about if you find no other issues.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• Hense

Tinkerer

Hense said:
     (TravelMate 7730G-844G25Mn running Win 7Ult./64bit.) The screen lights up but often theres no picture/logo. I can sometimes enter via F2, when i choose start Windows normally the screen goes black and i can only reboot again..? I tried disassembling all i could (ram-graphicscard-HD(SSD) and after that it started up as it was new. All my file were intact but the date was all wrong (somwhere in March 2007) When i restet the date it went back to not working... Any suggestions what to do. Iwould hate to let it go...

• Hense

Tinkerer

I changed the battery now and after a couple of hits it started. Changed the Bios time til now and the machine seems to run normally... I don´t know for how long though. Cross my fingers...
  • JackE
    The lithium coin cell (usually CR2032) is not rechargeable and should last about 10 years or so. You seem to have gotten your money's worth out of it.  :)   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Hense

Tinkerer

Since last night (with several updates and so on) my machine worked flowlessly - until i started a test - something in Win7 called " Windows Experience Index score"(mine is 3,9)... When i ran this test my machine goes black and i have a hard time booting it again.
    Just before i ran this test i was told that the "AMD driver failed - and was restarted". Any thoughts..?
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    A few years ago, a Win7 AMD platform update that was listed as 'important' might be responsible for your WEI result. It also caused some other issues for users with integrated AMD graphics chips. Probably not worth worrying about if you find no other issues.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ