Acer aspire 5750G CPU upgrage

mado101
mado101 Member Posts: 27 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
Hello!
I have an old Acer aspire 5750G laptop, and I was wondering if the board supports a 4-core processor (i7) (another guy opened a similar question but for an Acer 5750 and I do not know if the answers given could be used in my case so I open a new question) ... 

the Acer aspire 5750G comes with an i3 2330m, and I was wondering if it was possible to change it for a quad-core i7  (or dual core i7) ... I do not know if the board can support a quad-core processor (or even if it can support a dual Core i7) and if the Bios can support it.

Acer Aspire 5750G 32354032Mnkk
SN:NXRXLEB006XXXXX
I leave the images of the laptop's motherboard:

Edited the content to hide sensitive information

Best Answer

Answers

• mado101
    and another question: how much RAM can the motherboard and Bios support?
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,076 Trailblazer
    edited January 2018 Answer ✓
    Hi,
    You can install i7-2620M and it will work, you could also consider i7-2630QM, i7-2720QM and i7-2820QM as these were originally came with Aspire 5750G but the TDP is 45W for QM CPUs, if you want you can try one of these CPUs but make sure that you will be able to return if they don't work or prepare to sell it.
    They might work 99% but I have to mention that there's a possibility for failure.
    You can upgrade your memory up to the maximum of 8GB(2x4GB).
    http://www.cpu-upgrade.com/CPUs/Intel/Core_i3_Mobile/i3-2330M_(PGA).html
  • mado101
    Thanks @brummyfan2

then the i7-2620M would work perfectly and the quad core may work ... so in principle the board is compatible with the quad Core? the problem is for the TDP (45W)? .... I'll think about it, it depends on the prices that I can get one or the other.
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,076 Trailblazer
    mado101 said:
    Thanks @brummyfan2

then the i7-2620M would work perfectly and the quad core may work ... so in principle the board is compatible with the quad Core? the problem is for the TDP (45W)? .... I'll think about it, it depends on the prices that I can get one or the other.

Hi,
    Yes, that's correct and good luck :)
  • Netroskepp
    Netroskepp Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi,
    You can install i7-2620M and it will work, you could also consider i7-2630QM, i7-2720QM and i7-2820QM as these were originally came with Aspire 5750G but the TDP is 45W for QM CPUs, if you want you can try one of these CPUs but make sure that you will be able to return if they don't work or prepare to sell it.
    They might work 99% but I have to mention that there's a possibility for failure.
    Can I use another cooling system for 45W?
  • Hi,
    Can I use another cooling system for 45W?
    Hi,
    No, unfortunately in laptops you have to use the same heatsink.
  • sps24eu
    sps24eu Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hello
    Still a lot of peoples asking us about i7 quad core compatibility in acer 5750G / 5755G motherboards
    as you previously read it's power issue  , most of motherboard has 35W CPU power rail , but i7 QM  need 45W
    just look at my picture where it shows the missing 15W , 
    If you will find motherboard with coil in this place then you can be sure that it has 45W and i7 quad core support , 

• zablau89
    zablau89 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi everyone,
    Regarding the post of @sps24eu I hope that I'am able to install a quad I7 processor (Like 2820QM - i have found one at aprox. 40 euro) in my Acer 5750G (for the moment I have an I5 2450M, but the cache is only 3MB :anguished: ).
    I have here a pic with the MOBO. Please, can you help me to have the good compatibility (the seller will not change the processor if doesn't work with my config).

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    You don't have the extra coils that @sps24eu mentions, so if nothing else you will likely have cooling problems with a QM processor instead of one of the M processors.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • AhornSyrup
    AhornSyrup Member Posts: 3 New User
    zablau89 said:
    Hi everyone,
    Regarding the post of @sps24eu I hope that I'am able to install a quad I7 processor (Like 2820QM - i have found one at aprox. 40 euro) in my Acer 5750G (for the moment I have an I5 2450M, but the cache is only 3MB :anguished: ).
    I have here a pic with the MOBO. Please, can you help me to have the good compatibility (the seller will not change the processor if doesn't work with my config).

So did you try 2820QM?