next@acer 2020

Fingerscanner stopted working, everytime I delete and reinstall the driver it works again for a day

How can I solve this problem so I can finnaly start using Windows Hello

FAQ & Answers

• JackEJackE ACE Posts: 21,978 Trailblazer
    (1) What is you full ACER model number?
    (2) Open Control Panel. Search 'button'. Click 'change what the power buttons do' in left pane. Click 'change settings that aren't currentlly available. Uncheck the box for fast startup to disable fast boot.
    (3) Uninstall, don't just disable, any non-Microsoft antimalware or antivirus

Jack E/NJ
    Jack E/NJ
  • kingofnarniakingofnarnia Member Posts: 5 New User
    My acer is an A715-72G-786L
    Open Control Panel. Search 'button'. Click 'change what the power buttons do' in left pane. Click 'change settings that aren't currentlly available. Uncheck the box for fast startup to disable fast boot. Also uninstall any non-Microsoft antimalware or antivirus. If the problem persists then download and try iobit's DriverBooster freeware. https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ
    It seems to work for the moment, il let you know what happend whitin a few days
    It doesn't work anymore, same problem occured.
    How long have you had this machine? And has this problem always been present? Jack E/NJ
    Jack E/NJ
    I bougth the laptop in september of 2018, and it had this problem after 1 month I think.
    I'm probably going to return my laptop for "repair".
    Well, before returning it, you could try an ALT+F10 cold boot factory reset after saving any personal files. This would rule in or rule out a hardware issue. It's probably a Win10update issue which you can quickly recover from and block the update if the problem resurfaces. Follow the instructions in the video below. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ