Blue Screen Of Death on startup nitro 5 (an 515-51)

shah786
shah786 Member Posts: 28 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
My laptop acer nitro 5 (an 515-51) was slow on startup so i went in msconfig and change my cores from 1 to 4 (as my cpu is quadcore) and change memory to 8 gb save and restart after that my laptop won't boot always pop up your pc could not start propery we will restart

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    What is the error that appears on the screen?

You can try pressing Fn+F8 on start up(doesn't always work) and then enter in safe mode from the recovery menu. Once in safe mode you can change the settings back to defult.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Hi @shah786

I recommend you to try "System Restore". That should work. 

:) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• shah786
    Tried to boot in safe boot,restorepoint,startup repair,nothing help
  • Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Hi @shah786

Worried to know that issue persists. Could you please try tapping Alt + F10 on startup of your computer and let me know what happens. 
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• shah786
    Did a clean install and it work
  • Speedster_ELuu39
    Speedster_ELuu39 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

I have never seen the blue screen of death during startup but I have seen my AN515-53 becoming slow during startup but it was bearable. If you check in your task manager and see what programs you have enabled during startup, you can disable the ones that you don't need. You should be able to see significant improvement in boot up times after that.