Windows 10 doesn't boot PH315-51

nabaski
nabaski Member Posts: 43 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Firstly I used the Intel rapid thing to "merge" the ssd with the hdd (it kept popping on my desktop everytime I booted my pc), only to find out I couldn't access the hdd anymore. I tried going to the BIOS and change the sata mode from RST with Optane to AHCI, but it only would show me a BSOD. I tried changing back to RST with Optane but now it doesn't boot with either of the sata modes, it only sends me to a menu after asking me to select my keyboard language. How can I revert everything back? I can't find any backup whatsoever 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,328 Trailblazer
    Change BIOS back to settings as you found them. Then open Control Panel. Search 'restore point'. Click ' create a restore point' in left pane. Click 'system restore' button. Click 'next'. Select 'restore point' with a date stamp that coincides with the IRST change. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• nabaski
    JackE said:
    Change BIOS back to settings as you found them. Then open Control Panel. Search 'restore point'. Click ' create a restore point' in left pane. Click 'system restore' button. Click 'next'. Select 'restore point' with a date stamp that coincides with the IRST change. Jack E/NJ
    I changed the settings back but it didn't solve the issue 
  • JackE
    nabaski  Yes, but you must also use the restore point in Control Panel. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• nabaski
    edited February 2019
    JackE said:
    nabaski  Yes, but you must also use the restore point in Control Panel. Jack E/NJ
    But I can't get to windows :/ It always takes me to this menu: (it's in portuguese). I also tried using a flash drive as a recovery drive but it says the system unit is too small

• JackE
    What is your full ACER model number? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• nabaski
    JackE said:
    What is your full ACER model number? Jack E/NJ
    If you mean the product name it's PH315-51
  • JackE
    Remove the HDD. Try to boot again with the SSD alone. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• nabaski
    JackE said:
    Remove the HDD. Try to boot again with the SSD alone. Jack E/NJ
    Removed the hdd, didn't boot 
  • JackE
    Does BIOS information tab indicate RAID mode? Does BIOS main tab indicate optane mode? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• nabaski
    edited February 2019
    JackE said:
    Does BIOS information tab indicate RAID mode? Does BIOS main tab indicate optane mode? Jack E/NJ
    Yes to both
  • JackE
    Aye. Do you have an m.2 SSD card also installed? Or only m.2 optane memory? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• nabaski
    edited February 2019
    JackE said:
    Aye. Do you have an m.2 SSD card also installed? Or only m.2 optane memory? Jack E/NJ
    It's a normal SSD, not an optane
    https://www.amazon.com/hynix-SC308-128GB-Solid-HFS128G39TND-N210A/dp/B07BGGDT9T this one actually (the HFS128G39TND-N210A is the HDD0 model's name that shows on BIOS) 
  • JackE
    Aye again! So you added the m.2 card? Was optane memory previously installed in that slot? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• nabaski
    edited February 2019
    JackE said:
    Aye again! So you added the m.2 card? Was optane memory previously installed in that slot? Jack E/NJ
    No, I don't really have any of those xD i think that option's there since I've done that thing on Intel rapid (and after I've done that the hdd became impossible to access, it only showed as if it had around 50mb and I couldn't access any files I had on it, they wouldn't even show up). I've been doing some research and I think it could have created a new partition on the hdd (I found out about the concept of disk partitions in my desktop a while ago) 
  • JackE
    I now fear what happened. The BIOS main tab was set to Optane when you installed the m.2. The Intel software incorrectly interpreted the m.2 card as optane memory. The popup then kept asking if you wanted to use it to accelerate HDD performance ---the merge option. Aye-yi-yi! Let me think a bit and try to get some help on this. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• nabaski
    edited February 2019
    JackE said:
    I now fear what happened. The BIOS main tab was set to Optane when you installed the m.2. The Intel software incorrectly interpreted the m.2 card as optane memory. The popup then kept asking if you wanted to use it to accelerate HDD performance ---the merge option. Aye-yi-yi! Let me think a bit and try to get some help on this. Jack E/NJ
    Alright, thanks :) there's also an option to change it so SATA though, but as far as I noticed it doesn't change anything
    on the Intel rapid it showed that it was optane ready but that it didn't detect any optane device 
  • JackE
    Yeah, if the mode was changed to SATA ACHI before the m.2 card was installed, the Intel popup probably wouldn't have popped up and tempted you with the merge. The question now is if it's reversible. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Olá! Você já experimentou fazer o inverso, ou seja, remover o ssd e deixar somente hd? O seu notebook veio com um ssd ou hd de fábrica?
    Hello! Have you tried doing the reverse, ie remove ssd and leave only hd? Did your notebook come with a factory-sd or hdd?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • nabaski
    edited February 2019
    Olá! Você já experimentou fazer o inverso, ou seja, remover o ssd e deixar somente hd? O seu notebook veio com um ssd ou hd de fábrica?
    Hello! Have you tried doing the reverse, ie remove ssd and leave only hd? Did your notebook come with a factory-sd or hdd?
    No, I haven't tried removing the ssd, but I don't think it would work since my windows was being booted from the ssd. Both the ssd and the hdd are factory new (I do understand portuguese, but I'd rather write in English so there's an higher chance of being helped :)
  • Can you send photos with your bios settings? Have you tried to press the alt + f10 command to try to reinstall factory windows? It is also possible, that by changing the mode from rst with optane to ahci, you have broken the array!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)