How can I adjust my webcamera?

viking01
viking01 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
I was in an online video session and saw that my image comes out very dark, even though the lights were on. How can I adjust my webcamera?

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Hi @viking01,

To take quality photos in the Windows 10 Camera app, you need to understand and be able to change the app’s settings. Actually the picture & video clarity depends on your operating system, and your webcam. If you are using Windows 8+ (to include 10) then just type camera into your search bar or start menu and it will bring up a dialogue.

In this dialogue you should see a gear icon. Click on that icon and it will bring you to your camera settings.

From there you can adjust your brightness. If your brightness adjustment doesn't work then adjust your gamma + from its current position.

There are no guarantees that this will work with your webcam however. All models support different features, but these are software managed and should work without a hitch. 

You can also try below instructions regarding Camera Settings. 

If the Camera app isn’t open, open it now. Select the Settings button located in the upper-right corner of the Camera window. A panel appears with two options, Self Timer and Settings.

image0jpg

1. Choose Settings.

The Settings panel opens, as shown here. From here, you can tell the Camera app how to take photos and videos.

image1jpg

2. Under Press and Hold Camera Button, choose what happens when you hold down the Camera button rather than click or tap it.

The Video option creates a video; the Photo Burst option creates a series of snapshots; the Disabled option turns this feature off.

3. Under Photos, decide how you want to take photos:

• Aspect ratio: These options determine whether you shoot narrow (the 4:3 option) or widescreen (the 16:9 option) photos.

• Framing grid: These options help you aim the camera. For example, the Crosshairs option places crossing lines in the center of the screen so that you know where the center of your photos will be.

4. Under Videos, decide how you want to take videos:

• Video Recording: These options determine how many pixels appear in your videos across the screen horizontally and vertically. A pixel is one point of color. Suffice it to say, the more pixels in the setting, the larger the video screen is.

• Flicker Reduction: These options reduce the flickering that can occur when video is taken under fluorescent light. Consider choosing an option other than Disabled if you are filming indoors. The 50 Hz (hertz) setting applies to the U.S. and Canada, where the AC (alternating electrical current) runs at 50 Hz; the 60 Hz setting applies to rest of the world.

• Digital Video Stabilization: This option helps prevent blurring in videos. Turn it off only if you want blurring.

5. Return to the Camera app by clicking or tapping the Camera app screen.

6. Return to the Start screen.

:) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• viking01
    Hi, thanks but you did not answer my request. Do not take it bad, but you send me almost a Bible to read about mostly of info of how to get nice photos. The problem is the following: my laptop is an ACER NXGY9ED0038360449F3499  A-315-41-R7S0  , I was in a video session sharing my screen, and I could not see myself because my image was very dark. So I need to fix this. Please, how can I adjust the webcamera?
  • Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    viking01 said:
    Hi, thanks but you did not answer my request. Do not take it bad, but you send me almost a Bible to read about mostly of info of how to get nice photos. The problem is the following: my laptop is an ACER NXGY9ED0038360449F3499  A-315-41-R7S0  , I was in a video session sharing my screen, and I could not see myself because my image was very dark. So I need to fix this. Please, how can I adjust the webcamera?
    On the Camera or Video screen, top right do you see a Gear icon?
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• viking01
    How do I find the video screen? Should I start another video session with Zoom and look after the gear icon?
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    >>>I was in an online video session and saw that my image comes out very dark>>>

How were you viewing your image? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,752 Pathfinder
    @viking01

I would recommend you to first open the camera app and check how's the background picture. If the image looks clear in the camera app it should do the same in an online session. 

Also, by default for all the laptops there would be a protective screen on top of camera. Just remove that. ( ignore if already done )

Try and make sure the light focus falls on to you and not on the camera.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer