I'm looking to upgrade my AN515-53-52FA from the factory 8GB RAM to 32GB RAM, any recommendations?

Options
Agoraphobia
Agoraphobia Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
The question pretty much sums it up. I'm not entirely sure what RAM sticks should be used, but I've been looking at the Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2400MHz 32GB kit, though it only mentions the Intel 6th gen i5 and i7 as compatible (mine is an 8th gen i5). Any help or recommendations on the matter would be much appreciated.

Best Answer

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The question pretty much sums it up. I'm not entirely sure what RAM sticks should be used, but I've been looking at the Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2400MHz 32GB kit, though it only mentions the Intel 6th gen i5 and i7 as compatible (mine is an 8th gen i5). Any help or recommendations on the matter would be much appreciated.
    This memory will work on you device, but just so you know the maximum memory frequency supported is 2666MHz. The corsair vengance from the link is not overclockable and will work at the advertised 2400MHz.

When you usually purchase a memory for a laptop make sure it doesn't have XMP, because the BIOS is locked and you can't be sure if you can set XMP(extreme memory profile/defult overclocking profile) even with unlocked BIOS. Usually, if the memory frequency is higher than 2666MHz that usually is done with XMP. There are also cases when the RAM is older(2133MHz) and is advertised as 2666MHz, but that is done with XMP and because the BIOS or the laptop, or both don't support XMP the memory will work on 2133MHz(the defult frequency).
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi,
    These modules may have overclocking features and come with heat spreader, so I would suggest you to avoid for your laptop and go for simple memory modules like in Crucial link.
    https://uk.crucial.com/gbr/en/compatible-upgrade-for/Acer/nitro-an515-53
  • MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Options
    Good Morning Agoraphobia !

Its equipment supports a maximum of 32GB of RAM (2 x 2 slots - 16Gb + 16Gb) SO-DIMM DDR 4 - 2400 / 2666Mhz.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    This memory will work on you device, but just so you know the maximum memory frequency supported is 2666MHz. The corsair vengance from the link is not overclockable and will work at the advertised 2400MHz.

When you usually purchase a memory for a laptop make sure it doesn't have XMP, because the BIOS is locked and you can't be sure if you can set XMP(extreme memory profile/defult overclocking profile) even with unlocked BIOS. Usually, if the memory frequency is higher than 2666MHz that usually is done with XMP. There are also cases when the RAM is older(2133MHz) and is advertised as 2666MHz, but that is done with XMP and because the BIOS or the laptop, or both don't support XMP the memory will work on 2133MHz(the defult frequency).
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!