[Predator Helios 300] Static noise in right speaker/headphone channel.

Options
BramDuin
BramDuin Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Good day,

Not a week ago I bought my new Predator Helios 300 laptop, and right away I noticed I have a constant static noise in the right channel in either my headphones or speakers. I found out that it happens only when my Ethernet cable is plugged in.

I've already tried reinstalling the audio driver from my laptop's support page on the acer site, but it is still there.
I hope anyone can help my cuz it's ***** annoying.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,513 Trailblazer
    Options
    Is it possible to try a different cable or plug it into a different router or hub port? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Options
    Strange... 

Since the audio devices are built into laptops I could possibly see there being an interference to the sound card.. I'm somewhat of an audio engineer and I have to arrange my cabling to such a degree to prevent bleeding especially into sensitive cabling (A good example is Belden cable sensitivity).
    Anyway I cant say I've heard of this issue much on a laptop as there are measures to prevent this..

Can you provide more info such as:
     Is your outlet is grounded?
    Are you using a UPS for your router or laptop?

It's strange because ethernet shouldnt have the effect on sound like your having when at close proximity to audio devices.

And it's obviously something internal since it happens on both headphones and speakers (so it's the sound card itself)
    - Hotel Hero