DVD player

Options
malmet4250
malmet4250 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
I have an Aspire Desktop TC-885 with an internal CD/DVD player. Upon loading a DVD it will not begin playing unless I manually slide the optic reader to the home position. Any suggestions?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Which OS version are you running? What do you expect to happen when inserting a DVD? The first time you did it the OS should have asked you what you wanted done.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • malmet4250
    malmet4250 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I am running Windows 10 on one partition and Linux Ubuntu on another. When loading the DVD I expect it to run and find the library. Instead it merely sits there. Only until I remove the DVD and manually move the optic sensor to the home position will it then run.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    OK, I'm not sure how to do it on the Linux side, but in Windows 10 you go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > AutoPlay and set the default behavior for DVDs. This should work for most DVD types, but remember Windows 10 doesn't play movies natively, you'll need a player to set as the default for video DVDs.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.