XB271HU G-Sync flickering

QnixGamer
QnixGamer Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 14 in 2019 Archives
I bought XB271HU on 16.11.2016 and it starts flickering on end of 2018.
I contact reseller, Gigantti, and they changed my DP cable for free but I still have same problem. Previously Acer-Manny told they have fix for this problem but I think is it free for me because This is some months over 2 years old display now? Can Acer-manny please PM me so we can fix this problem, or contact me via email, ***************** please.

[Post edited to remove inappropriate or personal content -Acer-Harvey]

Answers

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Hi QnixGamer,

I am sorry to hear this, can you please clarify when you started experiencing this issue in your monitor? Can you please send me a PM with the serial number? 

Thank you,
    Acer-Manny 
  • QnixGamer
    QnixGamer Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited January 2019
    Hi,

This problem start on October 2018 with my Win 10 and NVidia GeForce 391.01 driver, first with 165Hz, but December 2018 it start to occur like 60Hz too, with new driver too. I tryDisplay Driver Uninstaller too.
    I check my 1080Ti, its not problem. I try monitor on different PC, no help.
    Then Gigantti, my reseller changed my DP cable with warranty, no help.
    And January 2019 I contact Acer Finland and they ask me to send monitor to repair but they dont know if its anymore wih warranty, cause its 2 months over 2 year old..

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Hi QnixGamer,

Thanks for the information but Acer support in Finland should be able to tell you if the repair is under warranty or not by looking at their system, also if you have the proof of purchase to validate it. When they ask you to send it to repair it means that the monitor needs to be seen and diagnose/repair by a technician and once they create the order in the system you're informed if it is under warranty or not based on dates or validation with your proof of purchase.

If that procedure was not the case here, then please go ahead and contact them again and ask for the warranty dates that are showing in the system, now if you already know and you're sure that its past 2 months over the warranty dates, then the repair will be at your own cost.

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny 
  • Hadley333
    Hadley333 Member Posts: 8 New User
    QnixGamer said:
    I bought XB271HU on 16.11.2016 and it starts flickering on end of 2018.
    I contact reseller, Gigantti, and they changed my DP cable for free but I still have same problem. Previously Acer-Manny told they have fix for this problem but I think is it free for me because This is some months over 2 years old display now? Can Acer-manny please PM me so we can fix this problem, or contact me via email, ***************** please.

[Post edited to remove inappropriate or personal content -Acer-Harvey]

Have you tried this:

1)  Disable Gsync in the NVidia control panel (by right clicking desktop and selecting control panel)

2)  Unplug DVI from GPU, and turn off monitor.  Wait a little bit

3)  Plug DVI back into gpu, turn on monitor

4) Enable Gsync by going in NVidia control panel again.

I heard this works.  I had some flickering and (knock on wood) this seems to stop it.