Built-in mic not working Swift 5

greggvg
greggvg Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello everyone, I am having problems with my Swift 5 laptop, the buil-in mic is not working.  I tried installing a new driver, but no success, pls help

Best Answer

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,266 Trailblazer
    What kind of headset are you trying to use. For a PC, phone, Apple, etc? The plug ring outs are different such as shown in the image below. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• pianopuzzle
    pianopuzzle Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have same problem, its the built in mic not working, not the jack?

• JackE
    Open Device Manager. If no red or yellow warnings, click on 'sound, video, game controllers' folder. Right click on each audio controller and uninstall its driver. Exit Device Manager without re-installing anything. Reboot machine and let Windows auto re-detect and re-install these drivers. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• In addition to the tip of fellow JackE, check this with the microphone connected:

or

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • AnnaKukka
    AnnaKukka Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi, I have the same problem. At first there was a yellow warning for "Digital microphone device" in Device Manager. I tried to update drivers automatically, but it said I have the newest driver. Then I uninstalled the microphone device, manually downloaded Audio_Realtek_6.0.1.8273_W10x64 driver and installed it. Then the microphone worked until I shut down the computer and turned it on the next day, then the problem was back. This happened for a couple of times. Then I reinstalled Windows. After that, the microphone still didn't work, but the warnings in device manager were different (unfortunately I don't remember what they looked like). Then, next day Windows installed some updates and now it looks again different at the Device manager, like this: there's a yellow warning with Intel(R) Smart Sound OED. It says "device can not be started (code 10). Driver was not loaded because it's initializing command failed". I tried to follow JackE's advice by uninstalling all the voice- video and game controllers, all the voice inputs and outputs and also the Intel(R) OED and restarting the Computer. No effect. I don't really know what to do anymore… It must be about the drivers or Windows updates but why was this thread the first one I saw about this topic? Is there only a couple of ppl with the problem?

• JackE
    AnnaKukka>>>It must be about the drivers or Windows updates>>>

You may be correct. Depending on how long ago this problem happened, you may still have some automatic Win10update restore points in Control Panel that you could go back to. Usually a month or so and then they're automatically deleted. If a restore point doesn't exist or does n't solve the problem, then a factory reset or refresh while saving your data using the hidden ACER recovery partition might work. It would at least rule in or rule out a hardware failure vs a driver problem. You can either do a factory reset or refresh from inside Windows or follow the video below for an ALT+F10 cold boot method. Jack E/NJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpzLJRAZldA   

Jack E/NJ

• You can also copy the idhardware?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Varo
    Varo Member Posts: 1 New User
    Answer ✓
    Hi! Acer finally (4/1) put up a Bios update that fixes the microphone issue. You can download it from here: https://www.acer.com/ac/sv/SE/content/support-product/7485?b=1&pn=NX.GTMED.006&sn=83402459966 
    You can find it under Bios/Firmware and then "Updates DMIC (Digital Microphone) settings and enables WoV (Wake on Voice)". The filename is "BIOS_Acer_1.07_A_A.zip". Download, unzip and install with powercabel connected! And be patient when the screen goes black for a long time!
  • FrenchCoco
    FrenchCoco Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi Varo,

Thanks a lot for the tip, I had the same issue with my Swift 5 bought a few days ago and the Bios update finally and properly fixed it.
  • JackE
    Thanks for the fix and confirmation. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• pan1153
    pan1153 Member Posts: 3 New User
    my built in mic not work but I use lastest bios 1.11
  • @pan1153 Ideally you create a new topic by clicking Ask a question! Inform your notebook model and add me by placing an @!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer