BlackScreen/100% Disk Usage - Low Write Speed/Bios Update/Nitro 5 AN515-53

Options
sherkt1
sherkt1 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi,

I have been having issues with my Acer Nitro 5 AN515-53 since I bought it and the issues have only gotten worse.

Basically, during random times the screen turns black and/or disk usage will rocket to 100%. I have tested my hard drive with the care center, which tells me that everything is fine.

I haven't found an answer to the problem, so now I'm trying to update the drivers/bios. But when I go to the Acer website I either get an error 300 when I type in my product ID or if I do it manually, I get a loading sign that doesn't go away and no drivers/bios pop up.

Any help would be welcome. 

Thanks

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,482 Trailblazer
    Options
    Since HDD activity LEDs can't reveal usage, how do you know disk usage is 100% with a black screen?  When the black screen appears, is an HDMIed TV screen also black?  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• sherkt1
    Options
    The black screen and 100% Disk usage are separate issues but usually happen during the same time frame in which the computer is having issues (i.e. I try switching applications, the screen turns black, I wait awhile until it comes back and then check performance in which there is usually 100% disk usage).
  • JackE
    Options
    When lid screen goes black, check if HDMIed TV is also black. If both are black, suggests a graphics adapter issue if machine doesn't actually shut off. Disk usage after the screens comes back on could also be a return from sleep or hibernation indication.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• sherkt1
    Options
    What about the BIOS/Drivers issue on the website? Ill test the rest when I get home. 
  • JackE
    Options
    Pleae do NOT mess with the BIOS firmware due to a significant risk of bricking the machine. Check HDMIing out to TV for now. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ