Nitro5 keys

Lexton
Lexton Member Posts: 19 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hey there just wanted to know as I have met nitro 5 for less then a year and I've been hearing a few squeaks when I press on my space bar, is it normal for this to happen?
Another question what will exactly happen to my nitro 5 if I play for 8hours per day? Running at about 75c max average at about 50ish. 

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Another question what will exactly happen to my nitro 5 if I play for 8hours per day? 
    If you are asking whether the laptop will die sooner if you play 8 hours everyday, of course yes. Apart from that nothing really. The lifespan of the components is in working hours, so playing 8 hours instead of 4 for example won't reduce the lifespan, but if the laptop can survive for 5 years when playing 4 hours a day, it will have 3 years if you play 8 hours a day.

75C average is a good temperature(I assume that is on the CPU) and if it is similar for the GPU, prolonged gaming sessions shouldn't be a problem.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Lexton
    ven98 said:
    Another question what will exactly happen to my nitro 5 if I play for 8hours per day? 
    If you are asking whether the laptop will die sooner if you play 8 hours everyday, of course yes. Apart from that nothing really. The lifespan of the components is in working hours, so playing 8 hours instead of 4 for example won't reduce the lifespan, but if the laptop can survive for 5 years when playing 4 hours a day, it will have 3 years if you play 8 hours a day.

75C average is a good temperature(I assume that is on the CPU) and if it is similar for the GPU, prolonged gaming sessions shouldn't be a problem.
    Is there anyway to prevent the 2years difference of my nitro 5 lifespan? 
    What can I do to maintain my system health besides reducing my playtime
  • Lexton
    I forgot to add this but would there be any difference if I would to play for like an example
    (Monday - 4hours) (Tuesday - 8horus)(Wednesday  - 6hours)
    Would there be any chance for lifespan different?
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    You can undervolt the CPU, which will reduce the heat it generates by abit and therefore the overall temperature. The CPU and GPU are the last components you should worry about. There are other components that will fail before them(for example fans, battery)

With the 5 and 3 years that I mentioned in my previous post was just an example unrelated to real use case scenarios.

Reducing the usage is pointless in order to preserve the laptop for longer.  What you can do to increase the live span is to keep it in a good condition. Clean it from dust often, repaste the CPU and GPU after the warranty peroid is finished and then once every 2 years. As I mentioned undervolt the CPU and even the GPU. Use a cooling pad or elevate the laptop a bit from the surface it is resting on to ensure better airflow. These things will make sure the components are running at the least possible temperature, which will also make the fans spin less and reduce the wear on the bearings.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!