[ACER NITRO 5] Why doesn't keyboard backlight stay on even on AC power?

Alauddin
Alauddin Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
This issue happened after downloading the BIOS update version 1.22.

1. Add ABST support. 2. Update Microcode to 0x96.

Date:

2018/12/19

Version:

Vendor:

Acer

Size:

12.1 MB

Also, is it normal for this computer to seem laggy even with high FPS?

Answers

• Redfan
    Redfan Member Posts: 65 Devotee WiFi Icon
    I would also like to know as when I updated my BIOS to 1.11 same thing happens, if I leave the keyboard idle it turns off... I get what they are doing but I would prefer if they made it a third option instead of one or the other. which nitro model do you have?
  • Alauddin
    Alauddin Member Posts: 2 New User
    Redfan said:
    I would also like to know as when I updated my BIOS to 1.11 same thing happens, if I leave the keyboard idle it turns off... I get what they are doing but I would prefer if they made it a third option instead of one or the other. which nitro model do you have?
    I have AN515-53
  • Vinay069
    Vinay069 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Me too hating this 30 seconds auto keyboard light off update after updating bios
  • Ackro
    Ackro Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same thing here with an aspire 717-72g. Dear Acer! remove this ***** feature it's very annoying!!!!
  • AMDKilla
    AMDKilla Member Posts: 57 Devotee WiFi Icon
    I have an an515-42 and discovered this with the 1.11 update. Presently the only working solution is to downgrade to the previous version. Acer are aware there is an issue, but apparently can't see it in their update files and want me to send them my laptop for 1-2 weeks without a replacement to see if they can identify the problem.

You can follow my guide to revert back to a previous BIOS below.

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/555065/acer-bios-driver-1-11-makes-the-keyboard-backlight-turn-off-even-when-the-ac-is-plugged-in-an515-42
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    edited January 2019

Hi all,

We apologize for all the confusion this has created, I want to clarify that the intended behavior of the backlight on all Nitro's 5 and Acer models is to always turn off 30 seconds after the last key stroke, this is not a bug but a feature (is not new), and it is a power saver (it does save on battery life).

Please refer to the following knowledge article link: https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34903 We will provide your feedback to our design/engineering team for future consideration, but at the moment theirs no information that this feature will be changed.

NoteThis thread will be now closed and this marked as the official solution.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have cause,

Acer-Manny

This discussion has been closed.