Predator G9-593 - disabling lights - lid, touchpad, power button, HDD, charging, special keys

Options
swenak
swenak Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi,

is any mod, that disable that lights? Maybe connector on board, or pin in connector, or so? Better will be software mod, but it seems, that it is not possible.

Thanks.

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options
    You can't disable the power on light, the HDD light and the charging light, as well as the power button. The keyboard, touchpad and logo lighting can be disabled by pressing Fn+F9. The 5 macro keys' lighting can also be disabled by simply not assigning macros to them, but the lighting of the key that changes between the 3 macro presets can't be switched off.  I think it is possible to switch this key off with a software mod(don't know how), but I don't think there is any way to turn off the power button and status lights off.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• swenak
    swenak Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Options
    Keyboard light I need, only other lights I hate, so Fn+F9 and clear macros is not solution. As I wrote, I accept hardware solution too, if someone know, which wires, or connectors I must detach from board.
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options
    The whole upper panel is connect with ribbon cables. I don't know, which wires inside the ribbon cable goes where and even if it was known the ribbon cables are very delicate and cutting the part you don't need will certainly damage it.

I would say it is very close to impossible to do that and I doubt you will find anyone who has done this.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!