Can I use a external GPU Acer Nitro 5 with a i5-8300H

DeiYzzZ
DeiYzzZ Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi my laptop is Acer Nitro 5 with a i5-8300H, GTX 1050 (Not ti). Was planning to do a external you for this laptop is it possible?

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    You can't use external GPU on this device, because eGPU requires USB type C thunderbolt port, which this device doesn't have(it has USB type is 3.1 gen 1 same as USB type A 3.0).
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• It may try to use the express mini pci port of the wlan network card! However I do not think the investment in this kind of adaptation is worth it!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • DeiYzzZ
    DeiYzzZ Member Posts: 4 New User
    Oh ok thank y'all 
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • CerulLiber
    CerulLiber Member Posts: 15

Tinkerer

same question, any update ?
    somebody did it?
  • teemo_the_yordle
    teemo_the_yordle Member Posts: 1 New User
    Yeah it works. You will get error 43, just download the error 43 fixer. Also you will have to disable gtx 1050 as it wont work with egpu on  and try use external monitor if you can to get full performance and to stop screen lags on internal monitor (that rarely happens  when you are using windows/did not experience lags while gaming yet)
    Acer AN515-51
    EXP GDC M.2 M key interface(for 4 lanes bandwidth) just use a sata ssd if you were using an M.2 ssd before.
    MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio
    Corsair RMX650
    Alienware AW2518H(G-Sync On)
  • Amazedturnip760
    Amazedturnip760 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Yeah it works. You will get error 43, just download the error 43 fixer. Also you will have to disable gtx 1050 as it wont work with egpu on  and try use external monitor if you can to get full performance and to stop screen lags on internal monitor (that rarely happens  when you are using windows/did not experience lags while gaming yet)
    Acer AN515-51
    EXP GDC M.2 M key interface(for 4 lanes bandwidth) just use a sata ssd if you were using an M.2 ssd before.
    MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio
    Corsair RMX650
    Alienware AW2518H(G-Sync On)
    Did you experience any bandwidth problems or bottlenecks in your 2080 from the m.2 port?

Can you link me to the adapter you specifically used?

which specific model of the nitro 5 did u use?

also i have an m.2 ssd in currently, and i’d like to take it out and get a usb adapter to still use it, and i was curious if it would work as my boot drive still
  • Amazedturnip760
    Amazedturnip760 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I also already have a other hard drive in my 2.5” bay*