"Your pc/device needs to be repaired" 0xc000007b AND can't access bios to boot from USB.(SF314-52-52

Options
LunaticPrince
LunaticPrince Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi, I tried installing linux manjaro KDE on my acer swift 3 laptop, but GRUB messed up something and now I can't access my bios (I get a black screen with a non-blinking white dash).
Also, when I try to boot my laptop, it is stuck on "Your pc/device needs to be repaired". Is there ANY way I can still fix my computer or should I just send it to Acer asking for a repair...

Thank you in advance.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,522 Trailblazer
    Options
    What is your full ACER model number? If it was a factory Win10 model still in UEFI BIOS mode, shut the machine completely off. Then turn it back on again and immediately press and hold the ALT key while tapping the F10. A recovery screen may appear as in the video below. Follow directions to re-set the machine. Jack E/NJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpzLJRAZldA

Jack E/NJ

• LunaticPrince
    LunaticPrince Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hi ! Thanks for your response !
    The full model number is : SF314-52-52V8
    Unfortunately, when I try to do alt-F10, I still end up in recovery mode and get the message "Your PC couldn't start properly". If I try to do alt-f10 from there, I en up in "Edit boot options". I have a USB drive that has the windows tool on it but I can't seem to find a way to boot from it...
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,522 Trailblazer
    Options
    For now, do not try to install a generic Win10 version with the Windows media creation tool as it will probably wipe the hidden ACER-flavored Win10 recovery partition if it hasn't already. Generic Win10 and ACER Win10 are not the same. You must try to cut all power, including both battery pack and charger, to the mainboard. Can you find a battery reset pinhole with a battery symbol on the bottom of the machine? If yes, gently insert a paperclip into the hole for about 30 seconds to disconnect the battery from the mainboard. Leave it rest for about 15 mins before trying to turn it back on. Then turn it on and immediately start tapping the F2 key to try to enter the BIOS menu again. Don't wait for an ACER boot splashscreen. Make sure D2D and F12 options are  enabled in the Main tab and that the HDD is fully recognized in the info tab. It also must be in UEFI mode in the boot tab. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ