iconia one 10 B3-A40 SD card issues and youtube buffering

Options
turbopete
turbopete Member Posts: 20 Troubleshooter
edited March 4 in 2018 Archives
bought my daughter (6 years old) the above for her birthday last month. she loves it EXCEPT i put a 64Gb Sandisk micro SD card in it (the same as her older sisters identical tablet has in) and this one seems to have issues. its NOT the first SD card ive tried in it (but still having the issue) and ive tried the usual remove, wipe with a cloth to clean, reinsert card, make sure it clicks in properly, all to no avail. when the tablet is powered on, it often has a message saying 'SANDISK SD CARD MISSING reinsert SD card' with the little sd card icon in the top left of the screen. also the app icons disappear from the home screen (where my daughter likes them).
now if i go into settings and look up the storage, it shows the card present, working and being used and i can get apps etc to work from there. why does the card keep doing this virtually every time its switched on? every card ive tried does the same. how do i cure the issue? or is it a faulty unit? its on Android version 7.0.
once i go into the memory part of settings, everything reappears and seems fine, till the next time its powered off/restarted.
also the same tablet seems to hang/stall/buffer (whatever you want to call it) when she is watching youtube on it, which is an issue her sister doesnt have, on an identical tablet (5 or 6 months older) even though they are both connected to the same broadband wifi at their home. the older machine has no buffering issues when the newer one does. any ideas?

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Hi! Have you tried updating your tablet's firmware?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • turbopete
    Options
    just checked for system updates. everything is up to date, according to the 'system updates' section in teh 'tablet status' part of the setting menu
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    you've tried restoring the tablet to factory defaults by pressing the power + volume+ button?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • turbopete
    edited December 2018
    Options
    tablet has had the issue since it left the factory. as my daughter has 300+ apps on the tablet, im reluctant to try to do it again. im not sure she would take to me deleting everything too well, at age 6! especially her photos!
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    So I suggest you save your daughter's files to a computer and then try to restore the notebook! That way we can rule out the possibility of being a software problem!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• turbopete
    Options
    not sure how it would be a software issue as the problem has been there since the moment the tablet was turned on out of the box, which was sealed and brand new.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you specify which version of the operating system is installed on the tablet? Well on the site of acer, shows some updates, see:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• turbopete
    Options
    image version is Acer_AV0N0_B3-A40_RV0ARC01_WW_GEN1
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    However you should choose the "wipe data / factory reset" option!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    And if the factory reset doesn't fix the problem it is likely a hardware issue with the SD card slot. Best bet in that case is either contact the vendor for a swap out or contact Acer support for warranty repair.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • turbopete
    Options
    However you should choose the "wipe data / factory reset" option!
    date of the update release (i think you mean) is the bottom one of the ones in your list and is the newest available.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I mean the date of the firmware that is installed on your tablet:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• turbopete
    Options
    well ive just tried the factory reset. it seems different. not sure its right as my daughter lives with her mother.
    kernel version is 4.4.22. thats all it says. i also have security patch level 5 august 2018.
    i cant give any more in depth information as the tablet wont display it. the variant you show in your screenshots appears to be a different version of windows, possibly on a PC style of system as the menu on my daughters unit doesnt apear the same.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Let me see if I understood! You did the factory reset, correct? Is the problem with the SD card still remaining?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• turbopete
    Options
    that is all correct yes. i will have to see about getting the issue fixed at the place i bought it from as my daughter uses it a LOT to watch films and play games etc
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you contacted the Acer service center?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer