A bright dot appeared on my screen, quite annoying. What can I do? Aspire 7 15"

Options
DirtyHyena
DirtyHyena Member Posts: 19

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
I take good care of my laptop and the screen, I never touch it. A whitish, bright dot appeared one day. It is not a dead or stuck pixel as it changes colour. 
I bought it in the Summer so it is relatively new. I have warrantee but that might take months.... what should I do? Any suggestions?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,535 Trailblazer
    Options
    (1) Can you post a screenshot of the spot with a single color background or wherever background you feel it's most obvious? Warranty would probably cover it but a screenshot would be helpful to make a recommendation.
    (2) What is your full model number?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• DirtyHyena
    DirtyHyena Member Posts: 19

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi!
    You can't see it on a screenshot as screenshot is a digital copy of the thing what I see.
    I will try to take a picture with my phone but pics takes of sreens do not really give back the real life view.

It is 

A715-71G-53S6

• JackE
    Options
    Is the bright spot there when you open a black, red, green & blue image file in full or near full screen mode? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Options
    Yes, I can see it but only relative to the rest of the background. What happens to the spot relative to the rest of the background when you view it at an angle of about 45* from the left side of the screen, then from the right side of the screen? Also 45* angle from the screen top and bottom? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Options
    >>>From the left and the roght in 45 degrees it is barely visible, kinda shades away. But from the top and the bottom it stays visible, maybe becomes a bit less visible>>>

From your description, I suspect that a small area of pixels somehow got physically misaligned/deformed by a small hard object pressing against the screen. Maybe a small foreign object laying on the keyboard when the lid was closed? Whatever it was didn't seem to affect their grid connections. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Options
    >>>A whitish, bright dot appeared one day.>>>Am I covered by warrantee? >>>

I doubt it. But no harm in trying except for the time and effort in sending it to the repair center for evaluation and then wait for the verdict on if they'll fix it under warranty. You must decide if it's worth the inconvenience. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ