Why my laptop is not waking up when is goes sleep mode?!

masnunmahi
masnunmahi Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi Acerians!

I am using Swift SF314-54G.

I am facing a irritating issue constantly. 

When I keep my laptop on without working for a while it turns off the screen and goes to sleep mode (I think). But the problem is when I want to work back it doesn't turn on with the press on keyboard or tap on the tracking pad. I need to turn is off using the power button and I loose all my ongoing work every time. 

I have tried to fix it by changing the settings from power management by turning off auto sleep. However, it's still sleeping and sleeping so deep that I power off and on every time. It's really annoying! 

Does anyone have a solution please?

Thanks in Advance.

Answers

• BINBIN
    BINBIN Member Posts: 3 New User
    I have the same problem. I see an answer from November by @titch85 you could try?

Please follow these steps if tapping a key on keyboard is not waking up your computer from sleep.

1: Enabling the Keyboard in Windows 

Follow these steps to enable your keyboard to wake your computer from sleep mode: 

1. In Windows, search for and click on  the Device Manager. 

2. Click the arrow next to Keyboards and double-click the name of your keyboard. 

3. If the Power Management tab is available, proceed to the next step. 

If the Power Management tab is not available, click the Change Settings button if it appears below the Device status box. The same Keyboard Properties window opens with the Power Management tab available. 

If you are prompted for an Administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. 

1. Click on  the Power Management tab and make sure that the box next to Allow this device to wake the computer is checked. 

2. Click OK, and then test to make sure that the keyboard can now wake the computer. 

3. Please let me know if this fixed your issue.