Aspire A717-71G-70HQ - Wont turn on

Options
djani
djani Member Posts: 2 New User
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
My A717-71G-70HQ laptop doesn't power on

When connected to AC power fans start spinning for a short time, keyboard lights up but no Acer logo on the screen, doesn't boot into operating system.
The orange battery LED indicator flashes every second or so.
If I unplug it from the AC power it turn off completely.

When trying to power it up without AC (only on the battery) not even the keyboard lights up, no screen.
The orange battery LED indicator flashes once, then stays on for a couple of seconds and turn off.

Laptop was never dropped, never spilled any liquids on it, never drained battery completely.
Never changed any hardware components in it (came with 16GB of RAM, 256 GB NVme and 1TB HDD, i7 7700-HQ CPU).

Part number: NX.GPGEX.005
Model No: N17C3
Manufacturing Date: 2018-01-05

Any thoughts or suggestions (other then return it to the shop for RMA)?

Best Answer

• djani
    djani Member Posts: 2 New User
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi,
    You could try a battery reset, switch off the laptop, disconnect from mains, follow the instructions in the video, when you press the switch, do it gently without excessive force, leave the laptop to rest for a while before starting again.
    https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34843/~/acer-internal-battery-reset
    Hi, thanks for suggestion, I haven't been checking community pages in a while.
    Anyway I turned in the laptop to the shop where I bought it for repairs, they sent it to Acer authorized repair service center and fixed the problem.
    The battery got disconnected, at least that is what contact from authorized service center told me.
    I see that they had opened the laptop because there are scratches on the screws (I have never opened the laptop and it was in prestine condition when I bought it, anyway not gonna complain about some small scratches).

Answers