My Acer Aspire (E14 E5-476G-38MH) won't shutdown completely after the usual shutdown process.

Options
albay2k
albay2k Member Posts: 2 New User
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
My laptop won't shutdown completely. As far as I can remember, this issue started after a windows update session. Shutting down, my laptop's screen turns black as normal, but the blue LED indicator is still on. Pressing the power button won't turn it on, but long pressing the power button turns off the laptop. Restarting my laptop before shutting it down sometimes helps, but I notice my mouse  LED light is still own.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi,
    You could try a battery reset, switch off the laptop, disconnect from mains, follow the instructions in the video, press the button gently without excessive force, leave the laptop to rest for a while before starting again.
    https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34843/~/acer-internal-battery-reset
  • albay2k
    albay2k Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hi,

Thank you for giving your thoughts on this. It did work for few minutes. I tried turning on and off my laptop couple of times, but after an hour of work, it's back to "normal" again, I can't turn off my laptop using usual shutdown process. I don't know when will this new laptop be broke for forcing my laptop to shutdown pressing the power button. Thank you for trying to resolve this issue anyway. 
  • funkyd
    funkyd Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hy. I had also an Aspire. I installed windows 10 x64 with EFI support and a had the same issue like you. Also I installed windows again WITHOUT EFI support and all ist fine! :-)) Now I can shutdown my PC hahahahaha.....It seems to be an issue with EFI