Predator 15 G9 593 Is not compatible with Optane memory?

SSADUC
SSADUC Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

Hello, I got a Optane memory (32g) recently. and installed program. but I couldn't setup. Because SATA mode was not changed from Raid to RST with Optane. Is this bios problem? I want to use optane. So any help would be appreciated, thank you.

CPU : I7 - 7700HQ

GPU : GTX 1070

RAM : 16G

Storage : SSD(Sata3) 256G + HDD 2TB 

Bios ver : 1.14

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,078 Trailblazer
    edited November 2018
    Hi,
    As you have a SSD as a boot drive, I wonder why  you want the Optane memory, Optane memory used normally to accelerate a slower HDD but it can also accelerate a SSD but not to a huge extent. Please don't forget to backup your system and important data before making any changes.
    Don't try to change anything in BIOS, I don't think you have any other option than RAID for SATA mode, you have to install the Optane module in the slot closer to MB which is the PCIe slot, use the M.2 SATA SSD(256GB) in the second slot which is closer to the back cover.
    Use the method in section 2.1.1 (platforms starting in AHCI mode) in this Installation manual.
    https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/memory-and-storage/optane-memory/intel-optane-memory-user-installation.pdf
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    edited November 2018
    Optane accelerates on lines of how Windows Superfetch works - speeding up frequently used programs. If you have SSD as boot drive, you would barely notice any performance gain, might as well not notice anything at all.

To my knowledge, Optane needs 8 series to start with. I am not sure if 7 series would support it.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • SSADUC
    SSADUC Member Posts: 2 New User

I know that Optane memory can accelerate secondary data storage on Intel RST driver version 16.0.2. And I usually play steam games. These games(80gb ~ 150gb) are HDD drive. So I want to accelerate secondary data storage(HDD). look at the error code message below.

=======================================================

Error Enabling Intel® Optane™ Memory
    Unsupported System BIOS or System BIOS is set in Legacy Mode.
    Contact your BIOS vendor for the latest version and support.
    Error Code: 0xA008002D

==================================================

I already set BIOS mode to UEFI. but SATA mode is not any other option such as AHCI,  RST Premium mode...etc...

I think if Acer upgrades new Bios version, it would be done.