Acer Switch Alpha 12 Stylus

Options
eduardoroeder
eduardoroeder Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hey guys, I've recently bought a 2-in-1 Windows powered tablet from Acer, model SA5-271-34MN-EN (or just SA5-271). It is a Acer Switch Alpha 12, with i3, 4GB RAM and 256GB SSD.
The one I got does not come with an stylus out of the bxo, but some others does come (I noticed that after watching some unboxing videos).

The thing is that I am trying to figure out which stylus should I buy. I've seen on the official Acer site ( https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answ...ail/a_id/42675 ) that it supports two types of stylus from acer, the "Elan NP.STY1A.005" and the "Elan NP.STY1A.006". Since I could not find those models directly on the internet here in my country (I do not live in US, only found to be imported from New York), I'm open to suggestions in which kind of stylus should I look for. By "kind" I mean, capacitive, resistive and others. Still, if someone could clarify the terms to me, it would be better. 

I've looked into some of those chinese sites, but since I do not know which pen should I buy, i'm kind of lost here. 

The models I looked are:
"Acepen 703AS Rechargeable Surface Pen Active Stylus" - People says it is only for Microsoft surface. Why?
"UGEE P51 Digital Pen Stylus for Drawing Tablet" - People says it is only for UGEE tablets. Why? Shouldn't it work in other screens?
"Original One Netbook Stylus Pen for One Mix Laptop" - People says it is only for One Mix. Why?
"Teclast TL - T6 / F5 Active Stylus" - Ony for Teclast?

Could you guys clarify if an Active Stylus would work in my notebook? And what is the main difference between Active and Passive, from the point of view of my notebook?

TL;DR: Anyone can take a look on Acer 2-in-1 SA5-271 and see which kind of stylus would work on it? 

Thanks for the attention.

Comments

• CelticRambler
    CelticRambler Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have almost exactly the same model - SA5-271P - and it came with an Acer Active Stylus ASA610. I purchased the system in Feb 2017 and from time to time the Stylus has been temperamental. In fact that is why I logged into support on this occasion. I changed the battery in the Stylus about a week ago and the Stylus has only worked occasionally since then. Usually unscrewing the battery cap and screwing it back on again causes the stylus to work. That is no longer the fix. 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,482 Trailblazer
    Options
    CelticRambler>>>Stylus has been temperamental>>>

This seems to be a realistic description of how well many different pens work on many different systems. Works in progress. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ