How to disable FN Key

Options
Travelmate236
Travelmate236 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I have Acer Travelmate P236-m and if I press and hold FN + F11 it will work in some of the keys such as U, I, O, P, J, K, M, 7, 8, 9. But it doesn't work on F3, F4, F5, F6, F7, F8, UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, Pg UP, Pg Dn keys. Please help me with this? Also, I don't have Advance BIOS Settings and in Windows Mobility Center it doesn't have FN settings there.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,482 Trailblazer
    Options
    Open Device Manager. Click on the keyboard folder. Uninstall the keyboard driver. Exit. Reboot the machine to let windows automatically re-detect and re-install the keyboard. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Travelmate236
    Options
    Nothing happen Sir
  • Travelmate236
    edited November 2018
    Options
    it is now very annoying when I click the UP button it will increase the volume and Down button it will decrease the volume. Also, when I click Alt + F4 it will SLEEP. [Without clicking the FN]
  • Travelmate236
    Options
    JackE said:
    Open Device Manager. Click on the keyboard folder. Uninstall the keyboard driver. Exit. Reboot the machine to let windows automatically re-detect and re-install the keyboard. Jack E/NJ
    it is now very annoying when I click the UP button it will increase the volume and Down button it will decrease the volume. Also, when I click Alt + F4 it will SLEEP. [Without clicking the FN]
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,482 Trailblazer
    Options
    Has you keyboard always behaved this way? If so, it's possible that the BIOS might be either locked or selected with FN key behavior enabled. To see if this is either locked or selected, press and hold the FN key while tapping the F2 on booting the machine. A BIOS menu should appear. Check each BIOS screen for an option to change FN key behavior. If it exists, disable it. If not, then the BIOS is locked in the enabled mode. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ