Aspire A515-51G -52ZR model will not support windows 8.1 ?

Options
Ajayvaineela
Ajayvaineela Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello All, 
I have Aspire A515-51G -52ZR model laptop. Due to performance issue , I have uninstalled windows 10 and installed windows 8.1. But after installation of windows 8.1 wifi is not working. And when I try to download drivers from Acer site it is showing windows 10 operating system. So my question is this model laptop will support windows 8.1 or not? If yes then how can I install wifi drivers? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in Advance.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi,
    Could you please tell us the WiFi card make and model, anyway, you can download the driver for your WiFi from station drivers, however I would suggest you to backup your system before installing drivers from third party.

• Ajayvaineela

Tinkerer

edited November 2018
    Options
    Dear brummyfan2,
    Can you please confirm this model

A515-51G -52ZR 

supports  windows 8.1? If yes can you please provide me wifi driver link? I tried with Realtek and intel . But no success.
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,119 Trailblazer
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Dear brummyfan2,
    Can you please confirm this model

A515-51G -52ZR 

supports  windows 8.1? If yes can you please provide me wifi driver link? I tried with Realtek and intel . But no success.
    You can install but some drivers may not be available, I can not confirm anything, go to Device manager, expand Network adapters and post the snip.It should be either IntelAC3168 or Atheros adapter, I need to know the make to find the appropriate driver.
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/533124/aspire-5-a515-51g-preinstalled-w-win10-reinstalled-w-win-8-1
  • Ajayvaineela

Tinkerer

Options
    Dear brummyfan2,
    Please find the screen shot related to device manager, and by using Driver easy software , I have installed all required drivers.

• Ajayvaineela

Tinkerer

Options
    And it is saying wireless capability is turned off.. Please see the attached screen shot

• brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi,
    Right click WiFI(QCA9377) and click Enable and see what happens.

• Jatobah
    Jatobah Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited March 2019
    Options
     ENTÃO SENHORES, ESSE PROBLEMA COM OS DRIVERS PARA WINDOWS 8.1 FOI RESOLVIDO... ESTOU COM O MESMO PROBLEMA DO COLEGA, E O MAIS, O MEU ACER ASPIRE 5 A515 NÃO ESTÁ RECONHECENDO O HD PARA INSTALAÇÃO DO WINDOWS 10, SÓ ESTÁ ACEITANDO DE BOA O WINDOWS 8.1 QUE TAMBÉM ACHO MELHOR QUE O 10.... POR FAVOR VCS TEM ALGUMA SOLUÇÃO???

THEN SORRY, THIS PROBLEM WITH THE DRIVERS FOR WINDOWS 8.1 HAS BEEN RESOLVED ... I AM WITH THE SAME COLLEGE PROBLEM, AND MORE, MY ACER ASPIRE 5 A515 IS NOT RECOGNIZING THE HD FOR INSTALLING WINDOWS 10, IT IS ONLY ACCEPTING GOOD WINDOWS 8.1 THAT ALSO MEAN BETTER THAN 10 .... PLEASE VCS HAVE SOME SOLUTION ???