Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Aspire nitro - USB3.0 repairable?

rainbow23rainbow23 Posts: 9Member

Tinkerer

I have an older Aspire (VN7-791G-769Y) - a while ago, I spilled tea over the keyboard. Luckily, the notebook survived, what didn't however are the right hand USB 3.0 ports. The 2.0 ports on the other side work fine, the 3.0 ones don't work at all, they're just dead xx

Since I need to open the notebook up anyway I was wondering if it might be possible to repair these ports? (like for example, replace some chip or parts). 

I do have a little experience with electronics, but not with this hardware. So my question is - would it be possible to obtain stuff like a servive manual, schematics, something that'll help with the repair?

Comments

• Hi,
    Unfortunately, USB 3.0 is part of the mainboard and USB 2.0 is on a separate board, so it's easy to replace USB 2.0 board but to repair the USB 3.0, you may have to take it to a local repair shop, they may be able to fix it for you but I am not sure whether it's repairable or need a new motherboard.

Please don't click "Like" but click "Yes" for "Did this answer the question", if I resolve the problem.
  • rainbow23rainbow23 Posts: 9Member

Tinkerer

Hm, a new motherboard is not exactly what I had in mind...

Would it be possible though to replace the MB with another / newer / faster model? (a long shot, I know, but maybe, just maybe... :)
  • Yes, that's true, there's no point in replacing the motherboard, you could replace the laptop to a newer model due to the price of the motherboards.
    Example: https://ja.aliexpress.com/item/NOKOTION-NBMQR11008-NB-MQR11-008-448-02G07-001M-VN7-791-GTX850M-SR1PX-I7-4710HQ/32897789407.html
    Please don't click "Like" but click "Yes" for "Did this answer the question", if I resolve the problem.
  • rainbow23rainbow23 Posts: 9Member

Tinkerer

Wow, that's interesting! Is that an exact replacement for the MB I have now? And do you think I'd get a whole new Notebook for 289$ that is better than the Aspire I got, in terms of power / performance?
    (Sorry I know I could prpably google that myself, but I really don't know a lot about processor performance and how they comparer and stuff... )