Nitro 5 AN-515-52 Problems Everywhere... How can I fix them?

Options
2»

Answers

• MaxGamer
    MaxGamer Member Posts: 110 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    @DrN3MESiS

I am not able to think anything more than this to be honest. I will try to troubleshoot more and maybe any other community member can help you. 
    Can you please send a screenshot of your Human Interface Devices menu in your Device Manager?
    Don't forget to accept my answer if I was able to help you out!
    Just a tech enthusiast who tries to help other people : )

Acer Nitro AN515-52-593F ||Intel Core i5-8300H upto 4.00 GHz/GTX1050/8GB 2666 MHz DDR4 RAM/1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD+16B Intel Optane Memory||

Acer Support: https://support.acer.com/
  • DrN3MESiS
    DrN3MESiS Member Posts: 26 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Hey @MaxGamer
    I don't know where's the Human Interface Devices menu... Can you tell me where is it?

Also *MAYOR UPDATE*
    I finally got to install the Synaptics Driver (from another source, not Acer tho) and this is what I got in the Devices Menu

IT's THERE! But... In the Windows Config > TouchPad it is still the same menu as before, and no options to manipulate the gestures, although some basic gestures work. Also it kinda slowed my touchpad speed...

Anyway, I did more research and I saw this thread:
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/548336/touchpad-driver-for-acer-nitro-an515-31

In one of the answers I saw that they are referring to the Intel I2C Driver, so I went to my Device Manager, and found that I don't have any installed!:

(Sorry for the language, anyway, if you just search for the work I2C, it's not going to be there)

So I thought that maybe it was that, that was keeping me from using everything like it is intended to be, so today I'm going to try to install that! Hope my PC doesn't crash or something :(
    I'll keep you updated !

-Alan
  • DrN3MESiS
    Options
    Update: I found the Human Dev Menu, and there's only one element!

Welp...
    I don't know what to do!
  • MaxGamer
    Options
    @DrN3MESiS

Glad that you could install the Synaptics Driver. I don't know why the Acer driver wouldn't work. Can you now check whether there is a gestures or Synaptics option in your settings.

Goto Settings>>Mouse>>Look on the right side for Additional mouse options. Click on it and check there. There should be utility there to edit your gestures and also increase your mouse speed.

Acer Nitro AN515-52-593F ||Intel Core i5-8300H upto 4.00 GHz/GTX1050/8GB 2666 MHz DDR4 RAM/1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD+16B Intel Optane Memory||

• DrN3MESiS
    Options
    @MaxGamer
    The Acer driver download was 1.8mb in file size... The one that I downloaded from another source was 190mb... so... yeah lmao

Also, the menu that you said it's there

The gestures from that menu, doesn't feel as good and smooth as the old ones that I had before the Windows reinstall, the touchpad isn't smooth when I try to use two fingers or three. :(

Now, I tried turning back on the Advanced Mode on the BIOS and it stopped working :( I think this is going to be the I2C problem that I told you in my last post.

But I don't really know :(
    What do you think about this?

• MaxGamer
    edited October 2018 Answer ✓
    Options
    @DrN3MESiS

Try installing the Serial IO driver from here:
    https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/IO Drivers/IO Drivers_Intel_30.100.1727.1_W10x64_A.zip?acerid=636591864958628414&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=NITRO&Step3=NITRO AN515-52&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

If you get any error, just attach a screenshot for me to have a look at it.

Also the touchpad driver is pretty old one so its not customized for your touchpad hence the issues which you are facing. Also are you running the latest BIOS v1.19?

• DrN3MESiS
    Options
    Alright I installed the IO Driver, and I just have to reboot... I'll try to search for the most updated driver for the Touchpad then and yes, I'm running 1.19 BIOS
  • DrN3MESiS
    Options
    @MaxGamer
    Update: Everything went well with the restart! Now I'm going to turn on the Advanced Mode in the BIOS after searching for an updated driver
  • MaxGamer
    Options
    That's great. I would suggest you to uninstall the installed Synaptics Driver and then try to install the Acer provided driver, as the driver which you installed in pretty old.

• DrN3MESiS
    Options
    UPDATE:
    TouchPad now works as intended and is smooth af.

Now the only thing left is to update that driver and I'm done here!

@MaxGamer
    Thank you so much! You helped me a lot through all this problems.
    +rep
  • MaxGamer
    Options
    @DrN3MESiS You're welcome :) 
    I have gone through similar situation as yours and I know how frustrating it is to deal with these problems. Feel free to use this forum for any further problems that you face and I would be more than happy to assist you! 

• Philsim1212
    Philsim1212 Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited September 2019
    Options
    DrN3MESiS said:
    Hello, 2 - 3 months ago I bought an Acer Nitro 5 AN-515-52 with the following specs:
    - CPU: Intel i7+ 8750H 2.2Ghz
    - GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1050 4GB
    - RAM: 8GB DDR4 Module
    - Storage: 1TB HDD
    - Storage Plus: Intel Optane 16GB

A few weeks ago, I began to notice that my laptop was beginning to have strange behaviors, and soon after problems began to appear one by one:

1 - The first problem that appeared, happened while working in Adobe Photoshop, I was not doing heavy work at that time, but for some reason Photoshop stopped responding (A few seconds before I had made a save of my work), so I said "There is no problem", so I tried to open the Task Manager to finish the process; at that time Windows also stopped responding and shortly after, the pointer stopped moving. At this point I thought I would have to do a forced shutdown to use my laptop again; and so I did... After booting it up again, everything was back to normal. THIS IS THE FIRST PROBLEM!

2 - A few days after the first problem appeared, another issue happened... This time was after a Windows Update install (not the October Update), everything started to lag in my laptop and was taking a long time to load apps. So I opened up the Task Manager and discovered that my Disk Usage was at 100% at all times, but there wasn't any program using a lot of disk bandwidth, not even the system process. This was a big problem for me, because I have to use my laptop for college and I have a lot of things to do, so I restored Windows to a point where the update wasn't installed yet, and that solved my problem more or less. After doing that my Disk Usage was between 40% - 50% in idle, and days later everything went back to normal. SECOND PROBLEM

3 - FINAL PROBLEM: Last Wednesday (10/10/2018) late at night I was doing some programming for a college project in C++ on the app "Dev C++"; I wasn't playing with any memory in my code at the time, so there was nothing to worry about my code... When I finished doing my code, I saved it and pressed F11 on Dev C++, which is a hot key for saving and run the latest code... Right after pressing that key, Dev C++ stopped working and my "program" that I coded, never showed up running. (From this point, happened the same with the problem #1). I tried to open Task Manager to finish the process and Windows stopped working again... I could move the Windows pointer, but I could not do anything. In this very moment I remembered that forcing a shutdown repaired this kind of problem last time, and I proceed to do that. My laptop went black and then I pressed the power button to power it up. After the Acer logo appeared, a message also appeared saying "Initializing Automatic Repair", after that finished a second message appeared "Diagnosing your PC", 5 seconds right after that, a blue screen appered saying that Automatic Repair could not repair my laptop and I started to worry. So I shut it down again with the Windows Recovery Shutdown option. Powered up again and the same happened, so I realized that I was in a "Automatic Repair Boot Loop".
    I have a bit of experience with the Windows Recovery menu and it's options, but I had never seen anything like this... I went to the Recovery Console and typed a few commands, and two of them gave me dark results: "No Windows partition or Windows device detected" was one of them.
    After this I ran the command "chkdsk C: /f /r" this is a command that will analize every windows file and try to repair them or search for missing, and turn out that almost 25% of the Windows Index File were missing, and because of this, nothing worked in the Windows Recovery Menu, not even the Windows Safe Mode. HOW CAN THIS BE POSSIBLE?

To fix this problem, I made a bootable-USB with a Windows 10 ISO, and reinstalled Windows on the laptop, but now I had more problems, since it was a clean Windows Install, it had no drivers installed for anything, so I thought that in the Acer Prodcut page, there would be the drivers, and indeed there are, so I started with the Intel RST (Rapid Storage Technology) and when finished installing I restarted only to see that this installation made my laptop crash everytime at boot with a BSoD saying "Innaccesible Boot Device"... I tried a lot of things and couldn't repair that by any ways, so I ended up reinstalling Windows a 2nd time.

This time I didn't install Intel RST, and installed every other driver that was available in the page; (PS: Every single driver in the Acer Product Page for my laptop is Out-dated), but there was a problem with 2 of them.

This two drivers executables said "This platform is not compatible", although in the Acer Product Page (https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7572?b=1) it says that they are meant for my Laptop)
    - Intel Turbo Boost 11.6.25 W10x64
    - IO Drivers Intel 30.100.1633.33 W10x64

How can I install them successfully?

Next problem: Touchpad -> The touchpad is not listed as a device in the Device Administrator Tool in Windows, this has to be because the Drivers are not installed, right? Wrong. I tried installing the "Touchpad_Synaptics_19.0.25.8_W10x64_A.zip" driver in the Acer Product Page (https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7572?b=1), and when trying to execute the installation it gives me a menu saying "You're about to install this driver bla bla bla, click next", after clicking next, the windows changes it context to other menu that changes so fast to the next part, you cant even see what it says, and then the last menu says that the driver successfully installed... Anyway, I restarted my Laptop to see if it worked and it didn't. I also saw a second driver for the Touchpad from ELANTECH, but when trying to open the executable it doesn't do anything, even when trying to execute with Admin rights or with Compatibility mode. So I'm kinda stuck there atm.

So, a quick list of all my questions above:
    - How can a Force Shutdown delete a Windows Partition/Device?
    - How can I install Intel RST without making my Laptop to go into BoSD?
    - Why I can't install those two drivers that Acer says are meant for my Laptop?
    - How can I make the Touchpad work?
    - How can I install NitroSense again on this laptop?
    - How can I install the Optane Drivers?

Sorry for the long post, but this is an issue I want to be solved and I tried to explain everything in detail.
    Also sorry if I make spelling mistakes, english is not my native language :)

Thank you for your time!
    - Alan a.k.a DrN3MESiS

I own the Acer Nitro 5 laptop too but with the optane or ssd, i bought the basic just HDD version; after vigodous testing & checks & owning & using it for well over a month now; I've learned lots about this machine & the best fixes for it.
    1. Chuck that Hard Drive that comes with the laptop! For some reason after a set number of writes on this drive, the files containing information on where the files are located & any records of partitions are deleted. The actual files on the hard drive disk remain though (which is needed for data recovery purposes)

The solution for this problem is to just replace the hard drive (I recommend installing an SSD instead) the new drive in my experience will not have the same issues.

2. As for the issues with drivers & such not working; get a newer version of the windows 10 install files; from Aug 2019 onwards, all drivers for the Acer Nitro 5 are included.

3. As for the inaccessible boot drive issues that plague this laptop when installing windows 10; with those your only choice in my experience is to return the HDD/SSD you were trying to install Windows 10 on; even if the new drive is identical; the laptop will most of the time just suddenly work perfectly with it; I dont know why but it does.

End statements: Acer, i believe you have someone intentionally messing with your production line; the hard drives installed in Acer Nitro 5's are tampered with digitally; the way they react are not the way that these drivss naturally react (if you get the identical ones from alternate sources) I suspect corporate espionage or similar.
    Acer, investigate your entire workforce & partners that could affect this; before your reputation is tarnished.
  • AshwinEpiphen06
    AshwinEpiphen06 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hi.My name is Ashwin.I have a Acer NITRO 5 laptop.While I was playing Ride2 the system suddenly went black and pop a message box that D3D is removed.From that time my GTX 1050ti does not show in games only the Intel UHD graphics shows up that in display 1.Again I went and updated the Driver's and in the nvidea control I try to apply the GTX 1050ti but there is no button to apply the change.In the task bar it say's that GTX 1050ti is inactive.I don't know what to do.I did a run on the dXDiag but there is no problem in it.What should I do?
  • Lamesheep
    Lamesheep Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    Hi, 
    Here is the solution for all your Acer nitro 5 Problems, Check it,
  • jocelasi
    jocelasi Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hi everyone, I just updated my 2 drivers in my ACER Nitro 5 laptop this morning and I successfully did it.  Unfortunately, after the restart, I couldn't open my laptop. I was given a QR Code in my monitor then gave me this my notice, "Preparing Automatic Repair".  Until now, the repair I have been waiting for is not working.  Please help.