NitroSense software does not open, but it shows up on task manager(Nitro AN515-52)

Anthony81
Anthony81 Member Posts: 45 Devotee WiFi Icon
edited October 2023 in Nitro Gaming
System Model Nitro AN515-52
NitroSense software does not open, but it shows up on task manager. Any suggestions to make it work? I have uninstalled it and downloaded it again from the acer website.

Best Answers

• sheady
    sheady Member Posts: 3 New User
    Answer ✓
    What i did after having the same exact problem. I'll put numbers to point directly to steps:

(1)I uninstalled it via control panel, then, (2)i went to the Acer site and downloaded the zip file it gives youNext,(3) i opened the NitroSenseV3.1 folder and opened the dependencies and clicked and installed each file in the x64 folder(the last file did say that i have the latest version so i didn't install that one. Then (4)i opened the app settings and tried to repair it, reset it, and then terminate it all to no avail(Now this is what triggered it to work i believe, however, maybe you should try the previous steps just in case. Doesn't hurt) then (5)i went back to the Nitro Sense download folder and clicked on the Setup.exe and installed itSuddenly, my fans (which have been on high ever since the app stopped working) turned off and i was able to open it and it worked normally.

I hope this helped. I was searching for an answer and ultimately had to just test things for myself.
  • RareZomie
    RareZomie Member Posts: 1 New User
    Answer ✓
    imutant99 said:
    I solved it.
    1. Find your drivers on the Acer site.
    2. Click application column, download the app
    3.0 Don't run any other file, run setup.exe ( might be inside any sub-folder )
    3.1 in first run it will remove existing files
    3.2 finish & run again to install the files
    4. There will be a file of type APPXBUNDLE FILE run it ( therest only 1 file of this type in whole package )
    4.1 internet connection is required here, else there will be errors like files not found ( this is the main error )
    4.2 windows will ask whether app should be allowed, allow it.
    Congo, u just install it.
    Thanks. Works now. Plz follow this guide to get it working.
                ~Rare
  • dionysien
    dionysien Member Posts: 4 New User
    Answer ✓
    kmg said:
    I think I found the solution. The issue seemed to be due to some performance counters. After running the following commands, the NitroSense application seemed to be able to start now. Cheers!

I freaking love you man. This worked for me!!

Answers

• dclanz
    dclanz Member Posts: 112 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Hi Anthony, can you use system restore to go back to a point when you know it was still functional?
    If a post helps or answers your question, be sure to hit the like button so the poster knows they were helpful.
    Try using the search function before posting, as your question may have been asked and resolved before.
    Be sure to check out my Acer An515-42 Clean Install Guide.
  • Anthony81
    Anthony81 Member Posts: 45 Devotee WiFi Icon
    dclanz said:
    Hi Anthony, can you use system restore to go back to a point when you know it was still functional?

Not sure, because I opened it when I first turned on the laptop, after that it stopped working. I will check if I can go back.
  • dclanz
    Anthony81 said:
    dclanz said:

Not sure, because I opened it when I first turned on the laptop, after that it stopped working. I will check if I can go back.
    That's pretty strange, and rebooting the computer doesn't allow it to start as normal. In an event like this once you can identify the time period when it stopped working and select a restore point before that, it should actually work. Failing that you may have to reset Windows 10 as you said uninstalling/reinstalling nitro sense does not work.
    If a post helps or answers your question, be sure to hit the like button so the poster knows they were helpful.
    Try using the search function before posting, as your question may have been asked and resolved before.
  • kmg
    kmg Member Posts: 4 New User
    I also have the same problem. The NitroSense was working fine, and suddenly when I tried to open the application one day, the Nitrosense screen did not pop up. Tried to look into restore points, but could not find any. Also, uninstalling and reinstalling does not help. I notice in the task manager that the programs were running. Reset Windows 10 seems a bit overkill. Any other suggestions?

• dclanz
    kmg said:
    I also have the same problem. The NitroSense was working fine, and suddenly when I tried to open the application one day, the Nitrosense screen did not pop up. Tried to look into restore points, but could not find any. Also, uninstalling and reinstalling does not help. I notice in the task manager that the programs were running. Reset Windows 10 seems a bit overkill. Any other suggestions?

As I was perusing your post, I was checking my task manager against yours and all I saw was the 3 bottom services beginning with PS. When I opened Nitro Sense, then I got the two at the top. From your post, it seems something probably got updated over time that messes with the normal launch of the app. In my opinion beyond a restore of the OS, the only thing I can think of which may fix the issue is an updated version of Nitro Sense. However, do you have any utilities like Intel Extreme Tuning Utility or other hardware monitoring/overclocking utilities installed? If you do, it won't hurt to uninstall, reboot and try Nitro Sense again. Let us know if you have any success isolating and/or correcting the issue.
  • Red_Sun
    Red_Sun Member Posts: 86 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Installed a fresh OS on a new SSD. Had the same problem. Installed, but would not open. Follow the instructions in the above link. Let us know if it works for you.

@dclanz: I mentioned speedfan may be a viable alternative for controlling fans. MAy not be as easy as install and run. Tried it the other day and it failed to detect all but one piece of hardware.
  • dclanz
    Red_Sun said:
    Installed a fresh OS on a new SSD. Had the same problem. Installed, but would not open. Follow the instructions in the above link. Let us know if it works for you.

@dclanz: I mentioned speedfan may be a viable alternative for controlling fans. MAy not be as easy as install and run. Tried it the other day and it failed to detect all but one piece of hardware.
    Interesting Red, since Nitro Sense have been functioning for me I have yet to fiddle speedfan (if it ain't broke leave it alone lol). From your link earlier it seems blazerx46 got it to work: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/543731/guys-do-we-have-to-download-nitrosense-for-acer-nitro-5 Can anyone confirm this fix?
  • kmg
    kmg Member Posts: 4 New User
    dclanz said:
    kmg said:

As I was perusing your post, I was checking my task manager against yours and all I saw was the 3 bottom services beginning with PS. When I opened Nitro Sense, then I got the two at the top. From your post, it seems something probably got updated over time that messes with the normal launch of the app. In my opinion beyond a restore of the OS, the only thing I can think of which may fix the issue is an updated version of Nitro Sense. However, do you have any utilities like Intel Extreme Tuning Utility or other hardware monitoring/overclocking utilities installed? If you do, it won't hurt to uninstall, reboot and try Nitro Sense again. Let us know if you have any success isolating and/or correcting the issue.
    @dclanz: I do not have any hardware monitoring or overclocking utilities installed.

Red_Sun said:

@Red_Sun: I've tried the method (running b6d27df9d58b4baf8a067b8f39aa872a) and a pop-up box showing "NitroSense_V31 is already installed". However, when I clicked the "Launch" button, another "NitroSense" box popped up and disappeared.

Seems like would need to wait for a newer version of the NitroSense to test whether it would work. :'(

Thanks both for the prompt response. =)
  • dclanz
    @kmg No problem buddy, if anything someone may reply here if they've found a solution.
  • Red_Sun
    Red_Sun Member Posts: 86 Fixer WiFi Icon
    kmg said:
    dclanz said:
    kmg said:

@dclanz: I do not have any hardware monitoring or overclocking utilities installed.

Red_Sun said:

@Red_Sun: I've tried the method (running b6d27df9d58b4baf8a067b8f39aa872a) and a pop-up box showing "NitroSense_V31 is already installed". However, when I clicked the "Launch" button, another "NitroSense" box popped up and disappeared.

Seems like would need to wait for a newer version of the NitroSense to test whether it would work. :'(

Thanks both for the prompt response. =)
    Darn. When I clicked on that line Nitro Sense just magically started, no popup. Alright, I will report back if I find any good ideas...
  • meandmyself
    meandmyself Member Posts: 1 New User
    been using this laptop for 3 weeks now, running against the same problems at the moment. tried reinstalling and reconfiguring nitrosense, best i can get it is the logo to loop itself on a startup cyckle but it doesn't run anymore which was strange because yesterday it was working fine. contacted the actual acer helpdesk and even they dont know whats wrong. strange to me that a program thats from acer itself malfunctions like this and cannot be fixxed, specially because i own this laptop ( Nitro 5 AN515-52) for just about a month to 3 weeks. ill try to do a system reset to yesterday but even this seems scetchy since it tells me to FIRST delete all the files before i can even see what the last system restore save was..... so yeah. all with all great laptop but this just lets me down :/ 
  • dclanz
    been using this laptop for 3 weeks now, running against the same problems at the moment. tried reinstalling and reconfiguring nitrosense, best i can get it is the logo to loop itself on a startup cyckle but it doesn't run anymore which was strange because yesterday it was working fine. contacted the actual acer helpdesk and even they dont know whats wrong. strange to me that a program thats from acer itself malfunctions like this and cannot be fixxed, specially because i own this laptop ( Nitro 5 AN515-52) for just about a month to 3 weeks. ill try to do a system reset to yesterday but even this seems scetchy since it tells me to FIRST delete all the files before i can even see what the last system restore save was..... so yeah. all with all great laptop but this just lets me down :/ 
    Hi @meandmyself : Try downloading it first from here https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Application/Nitro Sense/Nitro Sense_Acer_3.01.3000_W10x64_A.zip?acerid=636625537111450948&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=NITRO&Step3=NITRO AN515-42&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6
    Then uninstall the version you currently have (this includes Nitro Sense and Nitro Sense Service). Restart if prompted otherwise next up, extract the NitroSense_3.01.3000_W10x64 folder to your desktop. Inside the folder, open up the v3.01.3000 folder and run Setup. This will install the Nitro Sense Service. Once that is completed go into the NitroSenseV3.1 folder and double click the b6d27df9d58b4baf8a067b8f39aa872a file to begin the install of Nitro Sense itself. Upon completion, reboot the computer and try to launch the Nitro Sense program again. Hope this helps.
  • kaflebishal0123
    kaflebishal0123 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Anthony81 said:
    NitroSense software does not open, but it shows up on task manager. Any suggestions to make it work? I have uninstalled it and downloaded it again from the acer website.
     same problem is occuring on my computer too. please somebody help.....

• kaflebishal0123

Tinkerer

Anthony81 said:
      same problem
  • dclanz
    As an update, I finally wiped the system with a clean install of Windows 10 instead of restoring Acer's image of it. Ran Windows update and got everything updated then I installed only the Acer Quick Access, Nitro Sense and Realtek Drivers (this last one is important if you want to get back the Dolby software running in the task tray). Had no problems with Nitro Sense installing or running. This however, may not be a choice for some users but for those willing to do it, Nitro Sense does function with a clean install also.
  • kaflebishal0123

Tinkerer

dclanz said:
    As an update, I finally wiped the system with a clean install of Windows 10 instead of restoring Acer's image of it. Ran Windows update and got everything updated then I installed only the Acer Quick Access, Nitro Sense and Realtek Drivers (this last one is important if you want to get back the Dolby software running in the task tray). Had no problems with Nitro Sense installing or running. This however, may not be a choice for some users but for those willing to do it, Nitro Sense does function with a clean install also.
      how to do a clean install of window without losing any data. will you please tell me?
  • imutant99
    imutant99 Member Posts: 3 New User
    I solved it.
    1. Find your drivers on the Acer site.
    2. Click application column, download the app
    3.0 Don't run any other file, run setup.exe ( might be inside any sub-folder )
    3.1 in first run it will remove existing files
    3.2 finish & run again to install the files
    4. There will be a file of type APPXBUNDLE FILE run it ( therest only 1 file of this type in whole package )
    4.1 internet connection is required here, else there will be errors like files not found ( this is the main error )
    4.2 windows will ask whether app should be allowed, allow it.
    Congo, u just install it.
  • Ak_0
    Ak_0 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Anthony81 said:
    I read both of your posts. I bought the same laptop few days ago. I am facing the same battery drain issues after a well of usage as well it's getting laggy sometimes. Not as smooth as it was the first day. I have a power to return this laptop and get a refund, do you suggest me to do so? Let me know soon! 
  • anuraagkhare2121
    anuraagkhare2121 Member Posts: 35 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    I had the same problem. Here's what got me solved:-
    1)Uninstalled both acer nitrosense app and acer nitro sense service
    2)Reboot
    3)Download latest Nitro sense drivers from support page
    4)Run setup.exe first. It will install only acer nitrosense services.
    5)go to the folder "v3.01.3000" found in the same drivers folder and first install all appx named ".NET native Framework" and "VCLibs" [both x64 and x86]
    6)One or more apps will fail giving errors like "the resources which it modifies are currently in use". Ignore it.
    7)Now install the last one 'APPXBUNDLE" type. [be sure to tick "launch when ready"]
    Now NitroSense should open perfectly. If not try again after a reboot.
This discussion has been closed.